ML servincg - Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimm

New Registration
Reaction score
How much should be I paying for front and rear pad replacement on my 98 ML320 ? How often do the fronts need doing - I replaced them at 18k and the brake pad light is on again at 34k , is this normal or does the wife need to stop wearing her clogs when driving the car ?

Are there any other servicing agent other than mercedes dealer out there that can do this ?

Also the oil light has come on again and the car was serviced last month - any ideas ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

David Halsey

Reaction score
ML servincg

I presume the car is out of warranty now, so any reputable garage can carry out the work. Obviously someone with mercedes experience would be better.
If you are near the midlands then Andy would be ideal
Look out for his many posts!
If not then let us know where u are and maybe we can help.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
ML servincg

Hi,

Welcome to the party. Most ML customers complain about the brakes. There great. But wear out quickly & £98 for a set of front pads. Not cheap!!!!

Not like the old G wagons a set in there would last a good 30k.

With regards to oil consumption. MB had problems with some of the V6'S using oil. They first replaced the engine oil and fitted running in oil. Ran it for 1500miles to allow the piston rings to bed in a little more. Then fitted mineral oil. As it was a little thicker. Usually this cured the problem.

If we can be of service to you then contact us on the number on the website url below.

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

0121 558-4848

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom