mobile phone compatibility

sandra

Reaction score
hi i have just had a new slk200 10th edition and as a women was not sure on the mobile phone connection in the arm rest, does any one know what phones connect to it. thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

MB do have a list although the phones are generally a little out of date. If you haven't got a cradle already (just pre-wiring) then you can either select a cradle for a specific handset or bet the bluetooth cradle that "should" work with most new phones. However MB haven't tested that many phones with the system so it is worth trying before you buy.
I have the bluetooth cradle in my car and whilst my handset isn't on the approved list it works perfectly and all my contacts come up.

OP
S

sandra

Reaction score
hi there
the cental console has a little cap and under it is a flat plug like a phone connection, does this then attach to a cradle for specific phone, or does this connect straight into certain mobile models then, as you may tell i am a novice with cars and not into the new gadgets that come with such a nice car.

BRP

Reaction score
Hi & Welcome,

MB do have a list although the phones are generally a little out of date. If you haven't got a cradle already (just pre-wiring) then you can either select a cradle for a specific handset or bet the bluetooth cradle that "should" work with most new phones. However MB haven't tested that many phones with the system so it is worth trying before you buy.
I have the bluetooth cradle in my car and whilst my handset isn't on the approved list it works perfectly and all my contacts come up.
Just wondered which non-approved phone works with the bluetooth kit. I have tried a few and wish to get away from 6230i etc.
Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
hi there
the cental console has a little cap and under it is a flat plug like a phone connection, does this then attach to a cradle for specific phone, or does this connect straight into certain mobile models then, as you may tell i am a novice with cars and not into the new gadgets that come with such a nice car.
Yes that is where the cradle plugs in. ~£130 from MB for a normal cradle and quite a bit more for the Bluetooth adaptor. Although once you know which cradle you want you can get them on ebay occasionally.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just wondered which non-approved phone works with the bluetooth kit. I have tried a few and wish to get away from 6230i etc.
Thanks
That will be "suck it and see". As you can pair up to 4 phones to the system (not at the same time though :-( ) I would get whatever phone your interested in and try it. I had a 6300 delivered yesterday and it is on a 7 day trial so if the management doesn't like it then it will be going back for something else. I will try it on the car and report back.

BRP

Reaction score
That will be "suck it and see". As you can pair up to 4 phones to the system (not at the same time though :-( ) I would get whatever phone your interested in and try it. I had a 6300 delivered yesterday and it is on a 7 day trial so if the management doesn't like it then it will be going back for something else. I will try it on the car and report back.
Thank you, I have tried a few. The device picks them up usually but will not accept the codes. Progress with this sort of thing always seems to be slow with all manufacturers. I will keep trying.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you, I have tried a few. The device picks them up usually but will not accept the codes. Progress with this sort of thing always seems to be slow with all manufacturers. I will keep trying.
Initially it was difficult for the salesman to pair my phone to the car. Once I had a read of the manual I noticed he was pressing the cradle release button rather than the bluetooth button. Once I had followed the process and entered the pass code on my phone it finds the car every time :) I just have to be careful about unlocking the car whilst on the phone, as it connects to the car as soon as I unlock it.
My son and I have a game now guessing how far we can get from the car before the phone beeps to say it has disconnected.

Do you have the bluetooth booklet for the cradle?

BRP

Reaction score
Initially it was difficult for the salesman to pair my phone to the car. Once I had a read of the manual I noticed he was pressing the cradle release button rather than the bluetooth button. Once I had followed the process and entered the pass code on my phone it finds the car every time :) I just have to be careful about unlocking the car whilst on the phone, as it connects to the car as soon as I unlock it.
My son and I have a game now guessing how far we can get from the car before the phone beeps to say it has disconnected.

Do you have the bluetooth booklet for the cradle?
I do have the booklet. I think that it is setting the 'phone rather than the device i will have to persevere. The system works well with the 'approved 6230i 'phone and I have a stock of new 6230i 'phones (3) in case the list is not extended during the life of my car ! Also have to get used to charging now not using the cradle.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Does the BT cradle access the sim memory on the phone?
I was under the impression that it would only interrogate phones that were SAP2 compatible (and the 6230i isn't).

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was under the impression that it would only interrogate phones that were SAP2 compatible (and the 6230i isn't).
I am using a 6021 at the moment and was told that it will only read the contacts from the SIM. It reads all the contacts although only the default number if like me you have lots stored against one name. No txt messages on the Comand system with Bluetooth either (unlike normal cradle) although to me that is a good idea.

BRP

Reaction score
The 6230i is listed as being tested etc. It connects and reads the sim memory and uses contacts. It works well but I wanted a choice. The Motorola razor is identified (not on approved list) but cannot up to now get a code entry to get it working. I presume all the suggested 'phones work but it is a fairly modest list

BRP

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that with the 6230i the text works fine but the method using command knob is fiddly.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now have a 6021, 6230i and 6300 all connected to the bluetooth kit. All read the phone and sim memory and appear to work great so far. I've not had issues with the wrong phone connecting when I first unlock the car as I guess it is picking up the strongest bluetooth signal from my phone.
I have also paired my vodaphone PDA to the kit. It works as handsfree for the PDA but has not read the contacts from the PDA. This maybe down to them being my Outlook Contacts rather than a dedicated Phone Book. As I don't use it is not a problem.

gordofski

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamsdocometrue.co.uk
sandra

Ref your telephone

Give KEVIN a ring at MERCEDES DONCASTER, he is a really helpful chap
He knows what he is talking about.
If you change your phone on a regular basis then the BLUETOOTH ADAPTOR is the answer, no need to change the thing when you have this,

BRP

Reaction score
I now have a 6021, 6230i and 6300 all connected to the bluetooth kit. All read the phone and sim memory and appear to work great so far. I've not had issues with the wrong phone connecting when I first unlock the car as I guess it is picking up the strongest bluetooth signal from my phone.
I have also paired my vodaphone PDA to the kit. It works as handsfree for the PDA but has not read the contacts from the PDA. This maybe down to them being my Outlook Contacts rather than a dedicated Phone Book. As I don't use it is not a problem.
Am I correct the three Nokia 'phones you mention are the same shape and would fit the cradle as before. I was looking to use a smaller/different shape. I know the 8800 is approved but it has it's own problems

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Am I correct the three Nokia 'phones you mention are the same shape and would fit the cradle as before. I was looking to use a smaller/different shape. I know the 8800 is approved but it has it's own problems
No cradle with my bluetooth, the S must be different. the 6021 & 6230i are similar the 6300 is quite different.

GJP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400d 4MATIC Premium Plus
Blobcat,

I've got a '05 211 (with Comand) with factory fitted UHI for a 6310i.

Just bought the MB Bluetooth V2 SAP paired with a new 6230i - primarily 'cos it uses the cars internal aerial as opposed to just the phones. Also pairs with my wife's 6021.

Everthing seems to be working ok
- seems to be picking up contacts from SIM & Phone
- email works
- even got speed dials working from keypad on dash

Is your Bluetooth the B67 87 6125 or the Hands Free (non SAP version) ?
I noticed you say you have 3 phones working with your BT - a 6300, 6021 and 6230i.
Curious to know if the 6300 would work with my SAP V2?

Regards

nigeyboy

Reaction score
E55 Amg

Ive got an 05 E55. My dealer claims the Nokia 6300 won't work with the Bluetooth module. Is he wrong - it's a pain in tyhe neck having no car kit at the moment ! Cheers

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom