Mobilolife and Servicing

grpar

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section to post in, but does anyone know whether you have to have your servicing done at MB dealers to maintain the Mobilolife cover up to 30 years ... ? Just wondering .... for the future ... you might say.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
in a word, yes.
I believe it doesnt matter for the first 2 years but after that it is 'renewed' at each service. They also say something about every 12 months but this has always struck me as odd as a lower mileage car would only visit a dealer every 18 months or so. That said, if there is an argument they go by the stamps in service book.
Quite where you'd be if you had a service twice a year and used an indie for the 6 month one I'm not sure!

jimsinessex

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 W209 CLK 320CDI Coupe
I quote from my Mobilo-Life booklet supplied with my 1999 car:-

"Always provided that from the fifth year of registration a regular service has been carried out by the Mercedes-Benz organisation according to the manufacturer's recommendations in a Mercedes-Benz workshop. The car should have been serviced not more than two years previously at the time of the claim"

This applies to the:-

Corrosion Warranty for perforated bodywork (from the inside out), and

In the event of technical breakdown or starting problems

The first four years also cover minor mishaps such as running out of fuel, wrong fuel, lost keys, etc. Quite why they don't actually stipulate a service requirement for the first four years I don't know. Maybe that is covered somewhere in the Warranty documentation.

I would add that in 1999 the warranty was only for one year!

Jim

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom