Multi-function switch - Wipers, indicators, main beam....

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Hi.

The indicator stalk in my wife's 2003 CLK Convertible (A209) has gone wonky and needs to be replaced. The indicator won't stay on when you're turning right and the windscreen scooshers have gone a bit intermittent.

The local scrappy has two A208s, (the old CLK shape), and four other Mercs with the steering intact. I've taken them all to bits and they all have different stalks and part numbers. Some of them will clearly not fit and the ones that will fit have different connectors or an additional "flipper" for the wiper sweep.

Our local dealer is giving me the runaround about sourcing a new one. The exact part for the 209 is no longer in production, so I've asked him to source me one from a W203 but he's being a bit arsey about it because they're "different cars" I've replaced the stalk on my old 203 a couple of years ago and it is exactly the same as the one in the CLK, with the same connector although I didn't compare the part numbers.

Can anyone please tell me whether the 209 and the 203 used the same indicator stalk and what the part numbers were? I've stuck the wonky stalk back into the CLK to keep it on the road, but it's doing Mrs 13156's nut in, which in turn is doing mine in.

Thank you!

OP
mercedes13156

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Thanks guys. Sorry about the delay in getting back. I had looked in that website for the part number and it's the same one that the dealer had. He basically gave me the spiel that what fits in a 209 from a different car doesn't necessarily work properly. I know that now. The part numbers for the 209 and the 203 are different, but there is one match where both numbers are similar with W203 xxxxxxx and W209 xxxxxxx.

Anyway, I reckon I'll have to buy get one from eBay or somewhere and hope for the best as the car is too good to scrap because I can't source an indicator stalk.

Top Bottom