Need to disable ignition on Sprinter

motovelo

Reaction score
Website
www.moto-velo.co.uk
Still struggling on with fitting my replacement turbo (see other thread turbo installation help) and whilst I figure out where I can connect the wastegate actuator control pipe to (has to be somewhere on the intake manifold apparently but I'm struggling :() I've now learnt I need to prime the turbo with oil prior to starting it properly. So my dumb question is how do I disable the ignition on my van so the engine does not start when I crank it over? Easy enough on a petrol engine but I'm not so sure on a diesel??

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Diesels are not my line but why not take out the fuse to the ECU.

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
This should work. Check in your manual, one of the fuses under the steering colum will stop the van starting. You'll get "Start Error" on the display but the engine will turn over.

This is a CDi engine right?

dava

Reaction score
You should have put some into the oil feed pipe before you assembled it. Take off the pipe a put some in using an oil can.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom