Never thought I'd get caught out with scum....

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Just sold my daughter's Corsa for £100 less than I wanted privately.
Got £2k instead of the £2,100 I had set as my floor.

But, it was the first person who came, a robust but decent ex copper buying it for his 17 yr old son.

But given the experience on here and what I was conscious of (feared) could be the buyers of 'questionable character' I might had to have at my house at this price point, it was a price worth paying.

Time saved, going to a good home blah blah blah, but in reality my awareness of what/who I may have to deal with meant I grabbed this buyer.
Buyers don't always appreciate this, but I bought other daughters Pug from a chap whom I had much in common with and I got a similar 'sellers vibe' off him (and a discount!)

Next in line for the Corsa didn't sound/feel as great, based on messages exchanged.....

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Always well worth advertising on this forum on the off chance both the S212 and a spare set of wheels were bought by forum members this year. The car was also advertised on Autotrader with a very mixed bag of responses, a dealer in Norfolk who wanted to put a £250 deposit on the car and pick it up a few days later (probably a Motorway type shortcut and expected to be knocked down in price), a buyer from Birmingham who insisted on a ferensic 1 hour look over the car (at night by floodlight) couldn’t find anything to knock the price down and left and a couple of genuine sounding guys one from up North who was willing to travel down to Leicester but the car had already sold.

All I can say is be prepared for the unexpected it’s a jungle out there luckily for me recent sales of a Ford Focus and S210 on AT went relatively smoothly.

The recent purchase of the E53 was a distance buy I was suffering from a bad cold and not able to travel I’d be very loathe to do it again it was only the fact that the car was sold to me by a MB franchise that swayed me

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom