New Car Advice

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Like the look of the CLS but the boots a fair bit smaller than I would like.

My car is on for MOT and service @ Mercedes tomorrow so I will have a skeg around the forecourt whilst I am there. I am getting drawn to the E estate tbh, but I am struggling to find ANY with Distronic Plus. Going from having it to not having it would be like a downgrade for me :(

In the meantime, I'll see if anybody fancies having a punt on my C class before it gets WeBuyAnyCar'd or chopped in :)

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350

My car is on for MOT and service @ Mercedes tomorrow so I will have a skeg around the forecourt whilst I am there. I am getting drawn to the E estate tbh, but I am struggling to find ANY with Distronic Plus. Going from having it to not having it would be like a downgrade for me :(

In the meantime, I'll see if anybody fancies having a punt on my C class before it gets WeBuyAnyCar'd or chopped in :)
Have a look at the CLS shooting brake if you need some space. The clever design makes it look smaller than it really is and not many estates are bigger, except the cavernous E class of course. :D
Mine is an exceptional car in its 350d form. It's the 218. The one in the review is the older 219

Last edited:

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain

I've had 4 E-Class estates in my time (W210, W212 and two W213s) and you can't beat them. Did have an Audi A6 estate once (the Allroad model) and handling was good, though no better than my current All Terrain, but the boot always felt really cramped.

There are cars out there with Distronic Plus, but they may also be labelled Drivers Assistance Pack so check the ad, but you're right, that are quite rare. Once you've had it though, there's definitely no going back!

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
I've had 4 E-Class estates in my time (W210, W212 and two W213s) and you can't beat them. Did have an Audi A6 estate once (the Allroad model) and handling was good, though no better than my current All Terrain, but the boot always felt really cramped.

There are cars out there with Distronic Plus, but they may also be labelled Drivers Assistance Pack so check the ad, but you're right, that are quite rare. Once you've had it though, there's definitely no going back!

Yeah, I saw that. I keep looking for the solid merc badge like on my c class as that denotes if its got it (I think)?

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Yeah, I saw that. I keep looking for the solid merc badge like on my c class as that denotes if its got it (I think)?
Yes: if the badge is convex. No: if It’s flat

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain

Yes, ones without have a solid star set out from the rest of the badge - ones with have a flat badge where the star looks like it's covered in plastic. Also if you get a decent interior shot, look for the extra two buttons to the right of the steering wheel, or for the image of a steering wheel etc. on the dashboard display.

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Well, I will be collecting a V90 at the weekend

Many thanks to the guy who made the suggestion

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Enjoy! What model/spec did you go for?

D4 in R-Design with a few other options.

They have all the active cruise etc as standard which shocked me.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
My brother has T8, nice place to be but he admits the active lane guidance seems to prefer the near side no matter what lane he is in on a motorway, makes passing wondering artics interesting

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
My brother has T8, nice place to be but he admits the active lane guidance seems to prefer the near side no matter what lane he is in on a motorway, makes passing wondering artics interesting

I heard that on the V1 auto pilot but this has the V2. Keeps you dead centre in the lane ... allegedly.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
my XC90 seems to 'bounce' from one line to the other, albeit slowly! Pilot assist plus is it's official name, must say I've found it excellent for a destressed drive up the god awful camera ridden A9...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I heard that on the V1 auto pilot but this has the V2. Keeps you dead centre in the lane ... allegedly.
The Germans did get the autopilot working pretty well on the V1 and V2’s...:eek: I didn’t know the Swedes had as well...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom