New GLC design flaws

Miceracs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 300E HYBRID 2023
I have just taken delivery of this lovely hybrid car, but have a few design issues that are annoying.

1. Have auto headlight operation and main beam dip, configured to accept right side oncoming traffic.
;issue, every time the headlights come on, the accompanying message is also displayed: please check your light dip beam setting.
Although, this is stupid correctly, the message continues to appear. unable to stop it.
2. The car comes with 3/4 mini USB points. I have a usb storage card on one socket and hard drive with music in another.
; issue, the car can only access ONE usb device at a time. I use the storage one to use the onboard video recording, but then unable to
access the hard drive for music. Why have so many usb outlets when just one is active?
3. The car comes with 'lane assist'. which I have switched OFF......However, it ALWAYS gets activated every time I start the car.......
;issue, I don't want it and if configured OFF, then it should remain OFF
4. I use the onboard video recording camera, BUT, again this has to be setup and switched on at the start of every drive.
;issue, why can't this function be automatic just like my dash cam?
5. I use the car auto braking feature, which I find very good. I also have the speed advice feature set to 2mph above speed to warning.
;issue, The car will automatically brake when speed restriction is monitored, which is OK.
BUT, once the car has been slowed to the speed limit (30 or 40), the car auto brake continues to slow the car.
WHY doesn't the car auto brake stop once the revised speed limit has been reached?

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
My thoughts:
Point 1. MB must have changed the wording or meaning - on mine the beam aim setting is according to the side of the road that you drive on, so for UK left side traffic.
Point 5. I suspect that autobraking is a driver aid. It probably requires some driver intervention to stop the braking as a safety feature to prove that the driver remains in control of the vehicle.

OP
M

Miceracs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 300E HYBRID 2023
My thoughts:
Point 1. MB must have changed the wording or meaning - on mine the beam aim setting is according to the side of the road that you drive on, so for UK left side traffic.
Point 5. I suspect that autobraking is a driver aid. It probably requires some driver intervention to stop the braking as a safety feature to prove that the driver remains in control of the vehicle.
Thanks for the update. The wording is either right side traffic, left side traffic or automatic.
I had it set on right side traffic as that is the side which traffic come towards me.
if this is incorrect, then the wording should say driving not traffic.
I have put it into automatic mode, see what the does.

As regards auto braking, I understand your response and you could be right. still annoying.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome. I’m pretty sure left hand traffic is for the UK which is why your car queries it every time. The traffic drives in the left which seems logical?

As for your other points, have you tried the owners manual? The Mercedes Guides app (for Apple and Android) is useful - you download the manual for your particular model and then it is fully searchable and can be very useful.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
As for your other points, have you tried the owners manual? The Mercedes Guides app (for Apple and Android) is useful - you download the manual for your particular model and then it is fully searchable and can be completely bewildering.
FTFY :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Welcome. I’m pretty sure left hand traffic is for the UK which is why your car queries it every time. The traffic drives in the left which seems logical?
IIRC this is correct - had it in the SL (RH drive) and when you change it from the default, you get the reminder.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
To much tech that's the problem to me it's mostly a headache waitin to or already happening.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
To much tech that's the problem to me it's mostly a headache waitin to or already happening.
I have to agree, I had all the bells & whistles in my SL and after 6 years (low milage 24K & kept in a garage) little things were starting to go wrong. The radar units are apparently well known for failing (mine did & apparently also a problem on other brands)) and the emergency brake assist was playing up as well. These were partly why I sold the car when I did.

I don’t like these all encompassing touch screens where you have to burrow up or down menu layers to change a setting (e.g. radio station, ac, seat position etc) that we used to do by pushing 1 button.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
My sl had 2 handbooks if I remember 1 just for command r23 sl600, I think if the instruction book needs to be half inch thick it's a pass. I never did read it or the other
Now the printed book for ml is useless and I need a day of to go thru the electronic version. I know this when trying to find, follow EU headlight adjustment process. Something came loose and I have yet to investigate that!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom