New MB owner

NewMB

Reaction score
Well, almost!

Got my first MB on order as well as my first Black car and first diesel.

After reading many posts here (and elsewhere) and testing several engines and models, I took the plunge of going for the big one.

5 months wait are now coming to the end and in two weeks I am off to Bremen to collect the new family horse. Can't wait.

Thanks to all for good input and information over the last few months.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Good luck, my best friend has a S320 CDI and I see the new one coming shortly goes 0-60 in 6.7 sec. you will have a super day in Bremen

My Volvo V70R has been superb and faultless.
Hope you stay with us all the more the better.

Malcolm

OP
NewMB

NewMB

Reaction score
Thank You very much.

Yes, the V70 has really been a good car. Best Volvo I've ever had (which is the only make I've ever owned since living in the UK). Had several actually, a S80, 850 GLT and a 760 Turbo, and way before that a Ford Sierra!

I must say that the impression I have from the factory collection (even before doing it) is that they certainly give you the royal treatment.

Jensen

Reaction score
Congratulations and enjoy.
Let us know all the details about the trip and experience in Germany.

I asume you saved some money by going direct, I'll be cheeky and ask how much

blassberg

Reaction score
Jensen said:
I asume you saved some money by going direct, I'll be cheeky and ask how much
or via dealer he has specified factory collection instead of UK delivery?

blassberg

Reaction score
NewMB said:
C320 Cdi Avantgarde SE Estate, Obsidian Black, 7G Auto, Comand, Sport pack, Heated Seats, Leather, Phone Kit, PTS, Privacy Glass, Bird's Eye Maple, Xenon, Rain Sensor, CD Changer & Factory Collection.
hi NewMB - and of course I would say an excellent choice albeit mine is the saloon. Enjoy!

OP
NewMB

NewMB

Reaction score
Yes, I specced the factory collection thing. We have several offices in Germany so will pay them a visit as well. Free of charge..... ;) Plus the 500 miles trip home should do the car just great.

Discounts were available, but only after some serious haggle. Managed almost 7%!

Sorry to see the Volvo go though, but a new car is always a new car and I am counting the days!

The factory collection, by the way, includes:

Business Class flights with Lufyhansa to Bremen
Transfer to Hotel and factory next day
Dinner & Breakfast
Factory Tour
5 Days insurance
German Export Number plates which you can keep (they are red and start with "HB" as in Hasa Bremen)
The Experience!!

OP
NewMB

NewMB

Reaction score
blassberg said:
hi NewMB - and of course I would say an excellent choice albeit mine is the saloon. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot!

I wasn't sure if you had a saloon or estate. Would you have any pics at all?

Charles C

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 2014 3l
Any problems?

Hi,

I have the exact same car, but without some of the cosmetic bits, but it has so far spent 20 days with the dealer looking as gearbox problem, front wheel bearings, an unstable cruise control and a few other niggles, most still outstanding.
Have I got Friday afternoon or have you, or anyone else you know with the same car suffered similar problems?
So far I have done 18.5K since September and I am a tad brassed off!

Feedback greatly appreciated

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Charles C said:
Hi,

I have the exact same car, but without some of the cosmetic bits, but it has so far spent 20 days with the dealer looking as gearbox problem, front wheel bearings, an unstable cruise control and a few other niggles, most still outstanding.
Have I got Friday afternoon or have you, or anyone else you know with the same car suffered similar problems?

I'd get on to customer services. 20 days is excessive. Whether its the car or the dealer at fault is a tricky one but I would start suggesting that unless they can sort it succesfully in a 'reasonable' period of time (1 week would be reasonable in my view), they should be looking to classify it as a lemon and replace it. I can only say that my wheel bearings, cruise control etc are fine. I don't have the 7g gearbox but I haven't heard of many problems with it, although to be honest it is a new gearbox design so I would expect the odd niggle.

Sprint'n'Go

Reaction score
Charles C said:
Hi,

Hi Charles I know how you feel, I really got a friday afternoon Merc van in 2003 and the problems keep coming. I always hope each fault will be the last but it has never settled down and I am now speeding towards the end of the warranty with a large dollop of trepidation. Strike now while the iron is hot and try to get the car replaced as it may not get any better.

See these posts,

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=98466&postcount=18

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=98539&postcount=21

The list of warranty faults has since grown with the addition of a complete clutch including flywheel and the clutch is still not right.

I have written to MBUK and asked for my case to be examined and I am currently awaiting a reply (I posted the letter 6 days ago so fingers crossed a reply should land any day now).

blassberg

Reaction score
Charles C said:
Hi Charles C - no problems like that - just a squeeky passenger seat now adjusted and greased and a v. slight vibration that kicked off the seat squeak - but that fixed with new tyres. Probably balancing. Charles B. :D

blassberg

Reaction score
NewMB said:
I wasn't sure if you had a saloon or estate. Would you have any pics at all?
sorry - missed that. No photos but look at the link in my footer - Looks the same.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom