New Member.. Electric seat issue on CLK320, 2000(x), 93k

spaino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 / 2000 (X) / 93k Miles
Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum, mainly as I'm looking at buying my first Mercedes: a CLK 320, W208, X reg, 93k. I'm taking it for a test drive on Sat but I got in it the other day and started it up (engine sounds like new).

Anyway. I noticed that having got in and closed the drivers door, the seat electrics weren't working. It wouldn't move at all in any direction.
However, I opened and closed the door and they started working just fine. This may sound a stupid thing to waste my first post on but should I be worried? Could this be a sign that all is not well - or just the cold weather?

Otherwise the car looks fine apart from tiny paint bobbling at top of near side door pillar.

Any advice gratefully received - can't afford to spend money on a crock. :neutral:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can move the seats with the door open on MBs or with the key in at least 1.

Its a nice touch if you have a passenger that requires a different set up as you can fit them in without have to lean across within the car, so that car is fine in this respect.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum :D:D

OP
S

spaino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 / 2000 (X) / 93k Miles
Thanks

Thanks Malcolm - I guess I'm just "risk averse" having been stung before. Thanks for the welcome - here's to many happy years and miles of CLK ownership :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom