New to mercedes

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
hi all
I've bought a 2005 E class three weeksago - CDI 220 elegance. Very pleased with it so far (though I would have liked a 270, these are comparatively rare).It only has 5k miles, so is almost as new - came from a MB garage in Manchester. The ride , solidity and durability shine through (my last two cars were mondeos - enough siad!)

I did some research before I bought, but can't find any known faults on this model. Has anyone else got one, and if so, how have you fared so far?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

You could always buy the '7' boot badge to make a 270 ;)
Had a colleague with the previous E220, used to see >50mpg on M-Way runs, which considering the weight of these cars is impressive.
Yours is probably to new for any problems and you should have a couple of years of MB warranty left :)

OP
carabind

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
Thanks Blobcat

Yes, I did see over 50mpg last week on the motorway !! Not back for an automatic - but this soon drops around town. And I still have two and a half years warranty , but aim to keep the car till it's at least four years old, all being well.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I have a late 04 E270. I love it. I've had it since November, done 15,000 miles in that time and I've had no reason to visit the dealer aside from the service. It's been faultless.

The only problem with these cars I find is that you start to take them for granted. Mine was in the bodyshop yesterday (small altercation with the garage door frame) and I had a loan corsa. It made me appreciate just how good the E is.

The 220 is (based on a short test drive) slightly smoother than the 270, though I must admit the grunt is wonderful. 320 is even nicer but you have to draw the line somewhere. I can't get to 50mpg either. Best I've had is 48.

You have a great car - one of the best, enjoy it.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom