Newbie with a c63 on his mind

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Hi,

Im George, from Bath and have hankered after a c63 since their release !

'm struggling between the saloon / estate at the moment as i need to be able to put my bike in the car with ease and wondered if the rear seats folded down on the saloon to allow a bike to be put in the boot? I'd also like the PP for the lsd but not sure i fancy the floating disks at 1500, the non PP disks seem a lot more reasonable!

I'm quite surprised as to the insurance on these things, im 36 and i've been quoted 398 with Elephant which seems really good.

I'm also wanting to get some more information on tuning them, stage 1 I understand goes up to about 510. Stage 2, as i understand this should make 550 or so brake. I'd would like to ask - what mods do i need for this, presumably exhaust, filter, map? What brand exhaust should i get fitted?

I seem to be reading that MSL are the only tuners around the west of the uk, right?!

I look forward to speaking with you all soon !

Cheers.

Run away from Elephant as far as you can. Good until you need them to do their job. I would avoid even if they paid me.

With folding rear seats (option) you probably could get a bike in there with the front wheel removed.

As others, PPP after the facelift removes the LSD and gives the split disks and slightly harder suspension. I have a face lift car with the LSD specified as an option, which IMO is the best way round.

Remap 490/500bhp
Decat + long tube headers + filter 530/540bhp
IPE exhausts are switchable and give you loud and quiet but sound a bit odd when closed.

The 19inch wheels with the AMG suspension are quite firm for everyday driving, a lot more so than a non AMG with the same wheel setup.

T

The_Don

Run away from Elephant as far as you can. Good until you need them to do their job. I would avoid even if they paid me.

With folding rear seats (option) you probably could get a bike in there with the front wheel removed.

As others, PPP after the facelift removes the LSD and gives the split disks and slightly harder suspension. I have a face lift car with the LSD specified as an option, which IMO is the best way round.

Remap 490/500bhp
Decat + long tube headers + filter 530/540bhp
IPE exhausts are switchable and give you loud and quiet but sound a bit odd when closed.

The 19inch wheels with the AMG suspension are quite firm for everyday driving, a lot more so than a non AMG with the same wheel setup.

The sports suspension was a option on the Ppp facelift c63 amg.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The sports suspension was a option on the Ppp facelift c63 amg.

Yes you are correct, the US cars got different susension!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Or barter £1500 off and chuck a Quaife in

OP
G

gigeorge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c63 2010
I test drove a facelifted 2013 saloon today, gunmetal grey, supposedly with a lsd. They wanted 25k for it, which i didnt think was bad for newish car with 48k on it, most others of similar age/spec seem to be up around the 27/8k mark. They'd only offer me 8500 for my current car though, looking around i should be able to get about 11k for ! I dont want to just give it away so i said i'd think about it and get back to them. So will be doing some man maths later on today, i guess if things arent looking too good i could get a pre face lifted car!?

Is there that much difference between the facelifted cars gearbox (mct) over the previous 7 speed box, shift times perhaps? I think i read on pistonheads that the interior in the facelifted are superior - it certainly felt like a nice place to be and the bolsters held me in well, good driving position. The performance was a cut above my previous cars and the steering felt well weighted and actually felt like it was going where i pointed it, unlike my audi.

I couldnt work out how to get the mpg up, the last thing you want to be faffing around with when trying to concentrate on Swindons busy roads !

My ONLY gripe was i thought the exhaust was a bit muted?!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My ONLY gripe was i thought the exhaust was a bit muted?!

I am surprised you say that, as its the loudest factory exhaust of the AMG's released at the time. You can gain some volume by removing the secondary cats.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom