Next E Class (W214) spyshots

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Apologies if this has been shared before but there were some spyshots and info in Auto Express recently on the next E Class due to be released in 2023. You have to click on the artist's impression to see the photos of the test prototypes on the road. Evolution not revolution on the exterior, and interior based on current S Class apparently.

Looks good in my opinion.

Last edited:

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Can’t say I’m a fan of that personally. Not something that would get a second glance from me. Looks like the C class and S class. I don’t buy into this current twaddle of brand identity, just an awful excuse for cutting design costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe2mercs

Reaction score
Mercedes is behind the curve on the switch to EVs. China‘s car market was 15% EVs in 2021, up from less than 5% in 2020. Europe will not be far behind with fuel prices set to continue rising. There is an EV tsunami coming and I would bet that this is Mercedes’ last E class to have an internal combustion engine.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
A great looking car, love it :):)

T5R+

Reaction score
Generally, takes me a very long time to accept a car design change. I can be fickle eg I was recently bidding on newish E400D but struggling because prefer the face-lifted car, knew that would regret buying the "old" version (luckily went for more money than I was prepared to pay).

The C Class W205, especially A205, was an instant "like" when launched.

This W214 is a definite "yes".

OP
Altamar

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Mercedes is behind the curve on the switch to EVs. China‘s car market was 15% EVs in 2021, up from less than 5% in 2020. Europe will not be far behind with fuel prices set to continue rising. There is an EV tsunami coming and I would bet that this is Mercedes’ last E class to have an internal combustion engine.
I think they are currently trying to have their cake and eat it. The current (and it would appear next) version of the E Class is available with petrol, diesel and plug in petrol and diesel versions. They are about to launch the EQE which they say will be their all electric equivalent of the E Class, albeit about £10k - £20k more it would seem.

Personally I would be very interested in the plug in diesel version of the W214 BUT only if they can sort out the packaging. The current C Class plug in saloon loses 30% of its boot capacity because of the underfloor battery, and the resultant space is not much bigger than a Fiesta and smaller than a Vauxhall Corsa!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Glad to see the next W214 E Class will continue to use the V8 4lt TT in the E63 instead of that 4 pot 2lt jobbie with an electric motor they have stuck in the latest C63.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
I thought that there were doubts as to whether there will be an estate version? That artist's impression makes the boot area look a bit short...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom