Only Autoglym from now on...

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Agree about the white residue with the AG SRP but having a white car, it's not so much of an issue, cracking polish though. :)

I have no problem with AG stuff, I used it for years, mid 80’s to early 00’s and just did a final wipe. With other stuff now available and usually owning dark cars have been trying other products as we all do.

Not really sure why I bother as the dark cars certainly have a coating of dust back on them before the day is out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I can see the sense in sticking with one brand, I assume that it is designed or chemically balanced to work the other products in that range.
Once happy with your choice you will get to know the products and if you can keep your head “buried in the sand”, you will save plenty of money and have some valuable shelf space.

Having dark cars, AG is a no go for me as too much white residue. Tyre dressing, yes.
More of a Carlack and Collinite person though this is not as readily available like AG. I have not yet buried my head, but intend too sometime.

I agree on Carlack - cracking product - Paint protection lasts for ages (admittedly mine is not a daily driver) and I like the abrasive free polish. However, I couldn't get the gloss on the white paint (I know, without a gloss meter, very subjective) I wanted.

I wish the manufacturers would supply smaller sizes.

Last edited:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I have no problem with AG stuff, I used it for years, mid 80’s to early 00’s and just did a final wipe. With other stuff now available and usually owning dark cars have been trying other products as we all do.

Not really sure why I bother as the dark cars certainly have a coating of dust back on them before the day is out

White cars also get the coating of black dust:(. I did a 36 mile round trip to my son just before lock down (clean dry roads then) and my car has a layer of fine black dust - waiting for my new shampoo to arrive and will wash it - "wife shakes her head".

I've noticed on the TW site that they have launched a range of their new Ceramic Hybrid, specifically for black cars.

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-gb/our-products/hybrid-solutions/

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Try this polish .You can clean the whole car including the windows, exluding the front one.. and the rubber tyres , with just this one item .And in 1/2 the time it takes you to do with any other polish on the market .Its so easy to use .My wife never cleaned her car till we had a bottle of this polish . She will polish her own car now instead of me doing it . I dont mind that ha ha ..
But i dont use it on a dirty car , so before yoiu use WWWAW you will need to wash it down and dry your car off first .I am not new to polishing i have used most polish thats on the market to-day . And i find this as good as any poilish on sale .But what wins me over is , s-l500.png it cuts the car cleaning down by half .No left over white residue from this product not like Autoglym .I know i have uesd it.

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Agree about the white residue with the AG SRP but having a white car, it's not so much of an issue, cracking polish though. :)

That is the issue with me, the white residue. One of the best ones for not leaving residue is ArmorAll Shield, you can even polish plastics with it and no white residue and it it easy to use. Past winner of the Auto Express car polish survey. I don't currently use it though and prefer Bilt Hamber Speed Wax. I last polished the car with it last November and it is still beading nicely. :)

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Andy i know the problems you have with this white powder thats left behind after a few hours cleaning your car .With the wwwaw you will not get any left over white residue in the body lines on your cars ever again .I used most polishes over 50 years,, and i love polishing cars . My rubber seals shine just like the plastic bumpers do after only polishing them for a few times . .I will go as much to say if you purchase a bottle , and after you use it, you find you dont think its worth the bottle it came in then i will purchase the bottle from you . One thing more ,, only use micro fibre clothes for the best results .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Andy i know the problems you have with this white powder thats left behind after a few hours cleaning your car .With the wwwaw you will not get any left over white residue in the body lines on your cars ever again .I used most polishes over 50 years,, and i love polishing cars . My rubber seals shine just like the plastic bumpers do after only polishing them for a few times . .I will go as much to say if you purchase a bottle , and after you use it, you find you dont think its worth the bottle it came in then i will purchase the bottle from you . One thing more ,, only use micro fibre clothes for the best results .

That's the problem, my car is Black. What is the WWWAW you refer to ?

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
That's the problem, my car is Black. What is the WWWAW you refer to ?
Williams waterless wash and wax, or
Grease Lightning Showroom Shine etc, they are all very similar. :)

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
See picture ^^^^ above in my post Williams Waterless Wash And Wax . I go along with everything i on the bottle, but not the warerless part,, i wash the car before i use it . .But if your car is in a garage it will be pretty clean, so you can use it right from the spray bottle ..

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Started using AutoGlym on my R75 10 years ago - Never looked back!

O7yZBR6.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
C6F1D0C7-C900-46B8-9D77-2D016C94018E.jpeg

Not my pic

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom