Panoramic roof lining

Ramrod007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk250cdi/2014/2.1
Hi

Just bought a 2014 SLK with panoramic roof.

Now the weather is turning The roof is UP ! I have a glass roof with a linning... however it looks like there are 2 handles (x1 Driver side x 1 Passenger side). Does this mean I can remove the linning ??
..if I can ... do I store it ..in the boot or garage ???

Nothing in the Handbook !
Hate to pull on these things and ruin my new car !!

Any advise/knowledge of this would be welcome.

Thank you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The "standard" car comes with a glass roof and a "normal" (ie. solid) headlining. The panoramic roof optioned cars had a different headliner with an aperture cut in it.

You can change the interior trim and make it a panoramic roof. Here is the part number:
Panoramic headliner - A172 790 00 45 9H23
You'll also need 3 clips and 7 fasteners (sorry no part numbers).

The other option was "Magic Sky" where the roof could be lightened and darkened at the touch of a button but as you have a headlining you won't have that.

OP
Ramrod007

Ramrod007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk250cdi/2014/2.1
The "standard" car comes with a glass roof and a "normal" (ie. solid) headlining. The panoramic roof optioned cars had a different headliner with an aperture cut in it.

You can change the interior trim and make it a panoramic roof. Here is the part number:
Panoramic headliner - A172 790 00 45 9H23
You'll also need 3 clips and 7 fasteners (sorry no part numbers).

The other option was "Magic Sky" where the roof could be lightened and darkened at the touch of a button but as you have a headlining you won't have that.

Thank you for the information...... Though I am still wondering why my roof panel has 2 inserts(hand holes) with what seems like a cable which I could possible pull on ?? I thought maybe just pulling these would drop the panel out and reveal the glass roof.
Not so then ?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom