Parking tax!!!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
See the local councils want workers or their employer to pay a tax on parking on the employers private land at his business, I guess he is ALREADY PAYING BUSINESS TAX ON HIS PLACE!!!no? The UK has gone b crazy. And guess what, one of councils already doing that has gone bust so that revenue is down the drain. I think the average and below average worker in the UK is completely screwed these days. Most hav already cut back to pay energy, food. Fuel taxes, building materials. Where do these idiots think these people find resources for latest grab more schemes. My kids are really struggling. And both work 40 + antisocial hrs a week
Did I not read this week civil f servants are now demanding 4 day week for same salary... Wot planet are these people on!
Delighted to not be in the same position as kids I urge them to emigrate. Unlikely to be worse off.

Last edited:
OP
ajlsl600

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
See the local couvcils want workers or their employer to pay a tax on parking on the employers private land at his business, I guess he is ALREADY PAYING BUSINESS TAX ON HIS PLACE!!!no? The UK has gone b crazy. And guess what, one of councils already doing that has gone bust so that revenue is down the drain. I think the average and below average worker in the UK is completely screwed these days. Most hav already cut back to pay energy, food. Fuel taxes, building materials. Where do these idiots think these people find resources for latest grab more schemes. My kids are really struggling. And both work 40 + antisocial hrs a week
Did I not read this week civil f servants are now demanding 4 day week for same salary... Wot planet are these people on!
Delighted to not be in the same position as kids I urge them to emigrate. Unlikely to be worse off.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Nothing new, again blatant revenue generation from the motorist

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Parking at work tax has been going on for years. It is ridiculous and wrong but, as always the motorist will pay up whinging.

Quite a few councils now going bust!

The UK is horrific and whilst every country has its own issues, moving elsewhere seems now to be most logical option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Last year I got a visit from our local council leader. He came to ask me if I would be willing to let my private car park be used for free by local residents in the evening and at weekends. He had failed to grasp that my car park is not provided for the use of my employees, but my clients, who use our facility mostly at evenings and weekends.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Businesses also have to pay the council for the parking… all those large out of town places have paid for the parking and it’s not cheap…

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Emily is a nurse, as is her other half ..... they both have to pay to park at work!

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Last year I got a visit from our local council leader. He came to ask me if I would be willing to let my private car park be used for free by local residents in the evening and at weekends. He had failed to grasp that my car park is not provided for the use of my employees, but my clients, who use our facility mostly at evenings and weekends.

Local Council's do my head in.

I had a situation where I finally evicted a tenant, using bailiffs (after the Council advised them to sit tight and forcing me to go through the protracted legal process) to then be telephoned on the day by the Council asking if I would allow them to stay a bit longer because they had no-where to house them!

What exactly would happen if one of the local residents decided not to move their car in the morning from your car park? I can bet the Council wouldn't be interested.
If I had a discussion with the Council, it would start with offsetting their hourly parking rate (that they charge in their car parks), per available space (used or not), against my business rates (and any surplus remitted to me)!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Local Council's do my head in.

I had a situation where I finally evicted a tenant, using bailiffs (after the Council advised them to sit tight and forcing me to go through the protracted legal process) to then be telephoned on the day by the Council asking if I would allow them to stay a bit longer because they had no-where to house them!

What exactly would happen if one of the local residents decided not to move their car in the morning from your car park? I can bet the Council wouldn't be interested.
If I had a discussion with the Council, it would start with offsetting their hourly parking rate (that they charge in their car parks), per available space (used or not), against my business rates (and any surplus remitted to me)!
Have a friend going through the same with a tenant - council doing everything to keep the person in, even though they’ve not paid any rent in months…

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
You beat me to that comment, parking charges at hospitals is one of my pet bugbears, especially staff having to pay but also patients and visitors. Excuse at Hastings Conquest Hospital was that people were parking all day then taking the bus to the station to go to work in London hence visitor parking charge was introduced a year or two after the hospital opened early 1990's. No-one chooses to visit a hospital - you're either a patient with an appointment or visiting an inmate who's unwell. Revenge time for us now as we both have blue badges, but even that has its problems as the blue badge area at our local hospital is way too small and often a long queue, no facility to use the main pay on exit car park for free.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
What I find incredible is that Councils advise tenants to defy a Court Order.
I can only guess at the length of time you had to wait for a court date,
after your notice period had expired,
after you, no doubt, have negotiated with the tenant for a better outcome, over an unknown (to us) period.

And yet these local councils book court dates in block, and then apply a claim to it later.

Did the court apply the minimum 14 days for the eviction, or the max?
How swiftly did the bailiffs act, and it's usual for the landlord to provide a locksmith on repossession day.

Still, you are a greedy, abusive, heartless abuser. Like me.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
We are now seriously looking at a home in Bali for the winter and a smaller bolt hole in UK for summer visits. The energy saved in Winter alone will cover flights etc, it is 75% cheaper to live in Bali and we can rent out the Bali pad in the Summer for extra income.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
See the local councils want workers or their employer to pay a tax on parking on the employers private land at his business, I guess he is ALREADY PAYING BUSINESS TAX ON HIS PLACE!!!no? The UK has gone b crazy. And guess what, one of councils already doing that has gone bust so that revenue is down the drain. I think the average and below average worker in the UK is completely screwed these days. Most hav already cut back to pay energy, food. Fuel taxes, building materials. Where do these idiots think these people find resources for latest grab more schemes. My kids are really struggling. And both work 40 + antisocial hrs a week
Under the Transport Act 2000, local authorities may impose a charge on employers for providing workplace parking. If this happens, the employees for whom the spaces are provided will not incur a resulting tax charge.

You can relax now.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
I can only guess at the length of time you had to wait for a court date,
after your notice period had expired,
after you, no doubt, have negotiated with the tenant for a better outcome, over an unknown (to us) period.

And yet these local councils book court dates in block, and then apply a claim to it later.

Did the court apply the minimum 14 days for the eviction, or the max?
How swiftly did the bailiffs act, and it's usual for the landlord to provide a locksmith on repossession day.

Still, you are a greedy, abusive, heartless abuser. Like me.

Quite.

It was a Section 8 (non payment of rent - 2 months delay straight away). I don't recall how many further months (it was 10 years ago) but exactly as you say.
From first non-payment of rent, up to eviction was roughly the thick end of 6 months (and all my paper work was correct first time!).

On the hearing day, the tenant's didn't turn up at the correct time so my case was delayed from the morning to after lunch whilst they could get free advice from the ****** do-gooder at the court. They had no legal defence whatsoever. Meanwhile, I had to pay my solicitor for these extra couple of hours in addition to what I expected to pay due to their delay. Cost added to the judgement, so that's OK then. Don't make me laugh.
The final cherry on the cake was when the Judge asked why I wasn't ready before lunch!!!! Good job my solicitor intervened before I reacted in an unadvisory manner to the Judge.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Quite.

It was a Section 8 (non payment of rent - 2 months delay straight away). I don't recall how many further months (it was 10 years ago) but exactly as you say.
From first non-payment of rent, up to eviction was roughly the thick end of 6 months (and all my paper work was correct first time!).

On the hearing day, the tenant's didn't turn up at the correct time so my case was delayed from the morning to after lunch whilst they could get free advice from the ****** do-gooder at the court. They had no legal defence whatsoever. Meanwhile, I had to pay my solicitor for these extra couple of hours in addition to what I expected to pay due to their delay. Cost added to the judgement, so that's OK then. Don't make me laugh.
The final cherry on the cake was when the Judge asked why I wasn't ready before lunch!!!! Good job my solicitor intervened before I reacted in an unadvisory manner to the Judge.
Are you possibly suggesting that, aside from being massively biased in favour of any tenant,
that a court would treat us as criminal for running a business?

Twice I've been to court to recover losses against tenants. The treatment I felt was no other than an abuse.
Barked at not to remove my suit jacket. Hot day, no ac. Defendant was in a grey from over washing vest.
Found in favour but at half that claimed, although Mr Judge did all possible to find excuses for the defendant. £20 p.m., to start 3 months ahead. That would require me to chase every payment.

Another judge, same court house, ignored that the defence presented wasn't feasible regarding made up expenses and dates. Threw the whole out, w/o any consideration to unpaid rents that were easily demonstrable, and of course demonstrated. Then post finding, as I packed my evidence, engaged the Shelter rep in conversation about the course work he had presented to her the previous week. He was a trainee lawyer, and I had served as training practice.

Have you started selling the BTL's yet? I have.

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Under the Transport Act 2000, local authorities may impose a charge on employers for providing workplace parking. If this happens, the employees for whom the spaces are provided will not incur a resulting tax charge.

Top Bottom