Phone Kit - retrofit phone kit for C-Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Reaction score
A friend at work would like to retro-fit a genuine MB phone kit in his Year 2000 C320. He apparently has the control buttons on the steering wheel, but the vehicle does not have the sat-nav/comms screen etc.

Does any one know if it can be done, what are the options and what will need to be replaced? eg centre console etc.

Thanks

Dave B

Reaction score

rpalmeida

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mercupgrades.com
Phone Kit

Yes its not too hard to do. I rewired my CLK.

Have a look at www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff

- that talks about the Nokia 6210, for the 6310i (current phone) you need the newer control unit, but the part I mention is superceeded in the MB computer, so the dealer will know to order the new control unit.

You need to have the Audio-10/30/30-APS or COMAND for this to work (since it acts as the gateway between phone and dash controls)

The fibre optic that he will need to order depends on what is on the car. Aparently the new C class aerial can be fitted to the old C class .. but Ive never seen that. I have seen the S class aerial on a W202 - the winscreen trims need cutting to install that though.

R

OP
A

Arnie

Reaction score
Phone Kit

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll take some time to look in to them now.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom