Please help I'm lost on this one

2001mbclk55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 clk55 amg 5.5L
I have a 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG it was sitting for a month while I was driving my other vehicle and went to go for a little ride and it would not start you turn the key and it just gives a clunk so lot of brand new battery $300 wasn't it everything comes on but just clunks one time so figured it was a starter put a brand new starter in it after testing the one I took out at my work advance Auto and it tested good so I put that one back in because the new one just clunked also and ran extra grounds checked grounds check the battery jump started the battery on top of a new battery been trying so much stuff and I'm at a loss any help would be appreciated p.s. by the way when I parked it it ran mint and always started right up

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Try the starter relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanGunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 sport+ 2.1d
Can you turn the engine with the bottom pully.

OP

2001mbclk55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 clk55 amg 5.5L
Can you turn the engine with the bottom pully.
Yes the motor is not seized I already cranked over the harmonic balancer and it turns thank you for any help

OP

2001mbclk55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 clk55 amg 5.5L
Try the starter relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believed I tried that but I will try again thank you for your response any help is appreciated because this one I'm lost on and I been mechanic for 22 years

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Check you have drive authorisation from the gearbox and gearlever and that they both show the same park or neutral.

OP

2001mbclk55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 clk55 amg 5.5L
Check you have drive authorisation from the gearbox and gearlever and that they both show the same park or neutral.
How would I go about checking that thank you for your time and help

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
How would I go about checking that thank you for your time and help
We check on a star machine, you could put the car in reverse, check the rev lights come on and it's released park in gearbox, basic check.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom