Power drain on w220 2001 3.2 diesel

BFA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 s320cdi, full amg kit
Hi all,

My s320 cdi has a power drain, I have managed to trace it to one fuse, its in the rear drivers side floor box and it controls the radio, nav, phone and central locking so its a bit of a pain to leave it out.
The drain happens over a day or so and its not too handy as i have a wife overdue and need it to work at the moment. I believe in its life the car has had one episode of flood due to the standard passenger side blocked drain but this seems to have happened well after this. Also it has a do not drive entrance position warning that won't go off and a srs warning light on that i can't turn off atm. The power drain is my biggest issue till the mot i guess, can anyone give me any ideas on how a mechanical moron with the practical capability and tool use of a great ape may be able to fix this or the contact details of a good solid indie who won't take me to the cleaners local to kingston on thames.

I took the car off my dads hands, its lovely to drive but i am beginning to worry that its an enormous money pit.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The telephone modules were the worst for causing a drain, unplug it and test, but the D2B ring will be open circuit, and this adds to the complexity without another to plug in.

OP
B

BFA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 s320cdi, full amg kit
where would i unplug the telephone module? is it not likely to be the command head unit? this doesnt function for sat nav, not sure if that means anything

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom