Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Sadly have to agree

on a very bad day it could cost you £1000 fine
JK the singer fella got a £500 fine recently for the same thing

be careful

Watch the letter spacing. people. A friend of mine got pulled recently, fined squillions of ££££'s - and points. Even got a warning from DVLA, that they may take the plate back. His crime? ONE number, slighter nearer another than it should have been :rolleyes:

What happens to those (mainly ethinic minorities) whose number plates spell a complete word - the orginal plate being lost in the translation.!? Answer? Nothing. Ziltch. :shock: AND - how the hell, do they get traced when a 'picture' is taken????? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...!!!!!!!!!!!

ricky s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as signature
My wifes 97 C200 sport had C20 0MB, plated as C200 MB for over eight years, untill we recently sold it, (planned to sell her car, but still not put it on the market, now wishing we had,nt sold that plate), and I currently have AE55 AMG fitted to my car

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
thanks for the concern about my black & silve rplates but in 4 years on 3 cars ive been stopped once and he said he liked it but i had 30 days to change it no fine

and i also had a jest with him that his volvo t5 estate would not catch my car in a race, he was tempted to test it out!

i said ive had them for 4 years but only now have i had a short plate (5 digits) and the others were all 7 digit plates so ill just plead ignorance and say "sorry i was told d redg was 1966" as the plate has to be pre 1974

its already paid dividens as 2 years ago i got done driving in the bus lane (was lost and pulling out of a side road after looking at a map and did not even know it was a bus lane) so when i got the fine of £100 ish and the photo i just wrote back saying thats not my car as it has european plates on it and mine are yellow & white and that i live no where near the place it happend

i got a letter back saying sorry and the fine was cancled!

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
.....and you've just admitted it.....in writing.......on a public forum.......

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
im 5ft 10, 20 stone, shaven head and usually have a 6" long goatee so ill be making the friends not being made a friend

actually in my position i usually get away with most things !

i did not have the plates in the hope that i could drive in the bus lanes all day and night and get away with it ala a modern day dick turpin (loose comparision i know) but was just remarking on how i was jammy enough to get away with it

not been near a bus lane in years (mainly as not been that far north since)

4paws!

Reaction score
We have D1EAM well its DREAM as Ive a 320 CLK coupe, or well you see my names diane so its DIE AM!! haha and best place yes I agree with everyone DVLA everywere else was £'s more for same plate.

My hubby got the borning plate H19HAM our last name,

best wishes to all enjoy

Smeagol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 E350 CDI BlueEFF plus 2009 E280 CDI
Got A14 FCS on my CLK: FCS being my intials. Bought as a birthday present in the 90's.

Mrs S has L3 POG and this is a bit obtuse. It stands for POGLE (as in Mrs Pogle of Pogles Wood a 70's kids tv programme) as she reminded me of the said Mrs Pogle( short and somewhat round) when she was pregnant with second son! She has been "Pogle" or "Poges" to me ever since (over 30 years).
Seemed to create great amusement in France last year as it reads 'Le Pog'. Not sure there is such a word in French and if there is have no idea what it means!

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
Pogle, nice name for the loved one

my last mrs (the incubator of my child) was referd to as "miss moosee" as she was a bit of a moosee (slightly harsh)

i used to live in huntingdon (ssssshhhh) and in the mid 90's there was an old batterd honda with the plate 5 EGA (SEGA) worth a fortune on a £500 car!

i want "DJS 10" for me (initials & fav number

i want "S1 ANS" for my daughter Sian

and finally

"T113 GFP" THE GFP

some good plates in this topic glad its gone well

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
altar.JPG

People love it...........:)

britnordic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 SLK 200 & 2013 E Class 220
I splashed out £250 to the DVLA for T5 GTE, TS are my initials, but it was really a bit of fun and to hide the year.
Some "youngster" in an Astra offerred me £500 last year, but I wasn't tempted and didn't think he was that serious. ( or maybe he thought the car came free!).

On a positive note, I've always put a £250 private plate on my cars and found no problem when selling them as the plate seems to add to the appeal of the car.

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I've got M5 HND - Ms HND (my initials, Ms being obvious)

AND, only £250 from DVLA inc transfer and VAT.

If I could afford it, I would love H3LEN or HEL3N

OP
The German Flower Pot

The German Flower Pot

Reaction score
Website
www.turbo-babes.co.uk
THE UK'S MOST EXPENSIVE PLATE

afzalkahnrp_468x328.jpg

£440,000

AND IN THE WORLD

by a man in UAE for $6.8m

A210AMG

Reaction score
100%

Given your username maybe something like this....

At a BMW show Tatton park last year.....

CIMG0321.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom