Rear Headrest on C216 stuck up!

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I never use these, but doing a leather clean I pulled them up to get gliptone all over them.
from memory to raise them you manually pull them up, and to lower them you press the button on the wooden console and from memory there was a clunk and they fall down.
But now nothing happens?
any ideas what this could be? That stops it releasing the headrests.
Can iCarsoft MB II Solve this issue?

If its so e expensive vacuum pump, can it be fooled to just lower it and then leave it. Dont fancy paying £1,000 for so ething that I do not use.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I never use these, but doing a leather clean I pulled them up to get gliptone all over them.
from memory to raise them you manually pull them up, and to lower them you press the button on the wooden console and from memory there was a clunk and they fall down.
But now nothing happens?
any ideas what this could be? That stops it releasing the headrests.
Can iCarsoft MB II Solve this issue?

If its so e expensive vacuum pump, can it be fooled to just lower it and then leave it. Dont fancy paying £1,000 for so ething that I do not use.
On mine if the rear seat passenger puts on the seatbelt the headrests automatically drop down. If yours hasn't got that option you should be able to drop the rests manually. Press the button briefly with ignition on raises the headrests. Press and hold drops them.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
On mine if the rear seat passenger puts on the seatbelt the headrests automatically drop down. If yours hasn't got that option you should be able to drop the rests manually. Press the button briefly with ignition on raises the headrests. Press and hold drops them.
Other way round. If they put the belts on, the headrests should go up.

They should raise and lower from the button.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Thanks , I think I have a problem I just hear a click.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom