rear left door lock is not working

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 K BlueEffi, 2009, W204.
hi

My c180, 2009, K BlueEfficiency has an issue with its rear left door lock; it ofter don't respond to the remote central lock.

As I may need to replace them, I am now after a part number to get a right part out of ebay.
some says its 'A2047230214' and others say
'A204 760 21 34' or 'A2047302735' or even 'H
L 2047300335'.

I am confused, so help me out...!

OP
H

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
guys,

my local MB dealership told me its part No 'A2047304335' @ £180.12.
However, I can't find a matching one out of Ebay, but only similar like 'A2047230214', 'A2047303635' etc.

Is there any way to figure out the compatible part numbers with 'A2047304335'??

Otherwise, any other place to buy a part at lower price tag?

OP
H

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i havent managed to take the faulty door lock out yet, so don't know the part number.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Have a look at yours first, it could be a simple connection issue at the lock or where the wires go from the door to the main body/chassis, otherwise you may just be throwing away cash!

OP
H

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
guys,

i found that my part number was A2047302135, and it should be compatible with 'A 204 730 43 35'...!!

what do i do with the rivets when assemble them back? should i use a screw bolts instead? what size will fit??

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
If it's a 2009 year C Class, it'll be a 204. Correct?
Assuming that's the case, are you talking about the rivets that hold the inner aluminium door trim in place after you have removed the door card?
If so, just using self-tappers will do the trick. When I did mine, I used rivets with a large scissor-action riveter. It was a pain to remove, but simple to replace.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Think you'll find that the riveter you link to is not man enough for the job.
The rivets are larger than that tool is really made for, and need a heftier tool:

Lazy-tong-Long-Arm-hand-tool. On Ebay for around £15.

OP
H

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
guys,

I thought that i was going to buy a new door lock unit and simply replace the faulty one. Then I learnt that many faulty lock units had problems either a spring or a motor in it which then can be fixed at a lower cost.

So, I will try to take my lock out to inspect and then will be in a right position; fix or replace.

I tried to take the lock out, based on this guidance; Youtube video

then I had a glitch finding a screw to loose a door handle; it's on 2.28" in the YouTube video, looked like the German engineer was using a T20 screw and a bit losen them. Of course, I don't speak Germany at all, so only interpreted from the video.
Here, I will need your guidance to go through the step; what tool and how.

As being stopped by that stage, I then assembled back and found that my window is not working then. I did losen the screw for the window and taped fix, as shown at 1.57" in the YouTube, and simply tigitened back the screw up when doing assembly.
It must be a simple setting, and I need guidance as well.

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Think you'll find that the riveter you link to is not man enough for the job.
The rivets are larger than that tool is really made for, and need a heftier tool:

Lazy-tong-Long-Arm-hand-tool. On Ebay for around £15.

Alternatively, from Screwfix,
ae235

But at £40, probably cheaper to get a local garage to do it. We used these for a number of years but found that, for the physical effort involved, and the fact that we were getting through approximately 2 a year, with an airline equipped workshop, the air driven alternative worked out both faster and cheaper.

OP
H

Houstonrice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This photo shows where the hole is and so that I need to put a tool through to loose the screw.
door handle loosing_Tork 20 screw.jpg

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You need a long TX20, it’s actually a special tool to remove but there are others available.

The rivets that hold the cartridge on must come from MB. You can’t use any old rivets as there are different strengths. Especially the ones that hold the air bags on. you will need a good quality rivet gun to refit them.

By the time you have bought all the kit to do the job, you ,at as well have had a garage do it!

m.benz1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 Facelift C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Sport
You need a long TX20, it’s actually a special tool to remove but there are others available.

The rivets that hold the cartridge on must come from MB. You can’t use any old rivets as there are different strengths. Especially the ones that hold the air bags on. you will need a good quality rivet gun to refit them.

By the time you have bought all the kit to do the job, you ,at as well have had a garage do it!

Reviving an old thread here.

I have just acquired a 2008 W204 C320 CDI Sport Saloon and have also just found out that the rear left door lock does not go up or down, and its stuck in the unlock position, hence doesn't lock when the lock button is pressed.

So my question is this: I have seen a couple of used door lock actuators on eBay for under £60 for my car. I was looking at a couple of videos and it turns out the door lock unit has 3 "heat and melt" prongs/tabs that sit in 3 holes on the sheet metal and apparently they need to be melted to make a permanent fix in the holes.

So, how are people selling the used door locks on eBay if the three prongs need to be melted to remove the unit from the sheet metal? I.e, If the seller has melted them and removed it, how can the next person who buys the unit be able to fix it into the sheet metal when those prongs have been melted and are shapeless?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

m.benz1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 Facelift C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Sport
Reviving an old thread here.

I have just acquired a 2008 W204 C320 CDI Sport Saloon and have also just found out that the rear left door lock does not go up or down, and its stuck in the unlock position, hence doesn't lock when the lock button is pressed.

So my question is this: I have seen a couple of used door lock actuators on eBay for under £60 for my car. I was looking at a couple of videos and it turns out the door lock unit has 3 "heat and melt" prongs/tabs that sit in 3 holes on the sheet metal and apparently they need to be melted to make a permanent fix in the holes.

So, how are people selling the used door locks on eBay if the three prongs need to be melted to remove the unit from the sheet metal? I.e, If the seller has melted them and removed it, how can the next person who buys the unit be able to fix it into the sheet metal when those prongs have been melted and are shapeless?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Apologies!

It turns out there is a separate plastic cover which attaches to the door lock unit and the part number for this cover is A2047331708. It is this part which has the 3 "heat and melt" prongs/tabs. If any one is considering buying a used (or even new) door lock unit, you must buy this plastic cover (A2047331708) from MB (my local dealer price is £6.06).

Hope this helps!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom