Recall

digby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 2014
Has anyone had to wait 8 weeks for their car after a recall. I have a B class and was told I could have my car back after a couple of hours but it was not to be. The dealership did not seem to know what was going on with the parts I ended up contacting Milton Keynes to find out for myself.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Sounds like something went badly wrong.
What do Mercedes say?

A couple of hours turning into 8 weeks needs explaining.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
8 Weeks ???? Unbelievable !
What on earth was the recall ?

OP
D

digby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 2014
8 Weeks ???? Unbelievable !
What on earth was the recall ?
A part in the steering wheel to do with the Airbag had gone to pieces and the car was dangerous I have noticed the brake pedal is more consistent in a higher position now, before it was repaired it was varying. The part that crumbled affected all the electronics so I was told. I am annoyed with Mercedes as I was without my mobility scooter for all this time. I am thinking now to leave the dealership. If you google Mercedes recall you will see 400,000 cars have been recalled mine was one of the worst cases. I hope that I have explained it properly.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
A part in the steering wheel to do with the Airbag had gone to pieces and the car was dangerous I have noticed the brake pedal is more consistent in a higher position now, before it was repaired it was varying. The part that crumbled affected all the electronics so I was told. I am annoyed with Mercedes as I was without my mobility scooter for all this time. I am thinking now to leave the dealership. If you google Mercedes recall you will see 400,000 cars have been recalled mine was one of the worst cases. I hope that I have explained it properly.

8 weeks is poor to say the least especially on a recall. I wonder whether it would have concentrated the dealers mind if you had insisted on a courtesy car which would take your mobility scooter. Appalling service but MB, like most manufacturers give the impression that they couldn't care less about customers. I wouldn't normally suggest wasting your time but in this case I would be tempted to submit a complaint to MB head office.

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Good luck, I had my air bag re-call done within hours at Brooklyn MB but that my W204 Coupé. MB forgot to tell me that they will disconnect the batter so Tracker text me and two other key holders asking if the car was safe LOL

OP
D

digby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 2014
8 weeks is poor to say the least especially on a recall. I wonder whether it would have concentrated the dealers mind if you had insisted on a courtesy car which would take your mobility scooter. Appalling service but MB, like most manufacturers give the impression that they couldn't care less about customers. I wouldn't normally suggest wasting your time but in this case I would be tempted to submit a complaint to MB head office.
I did this they gave me £150 as a token gift.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom