Rejection of used car

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You are right who are you Craiglxviil to me. Other than unhelpful and flaming rude and opinionated
Maybe if you’d started with a request for help, and been polite, rather than, you know, a ranting Karen, my attitude might have been different. You’re the flaming rude one, chucky-egg.

OP
H

Hannahshouse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2019
Maybe if you’d started with a request for help, and been polite, rather than, you know, a ranting Karen, my attitude might have been different. You’re the flaming rude one, chucky-egg.
I have no idea why you have personally Craig have misinterpreted my post- you are are still rude and probably not the sort of person to be on a forum. I wish I hadn’t asked for advice as your posts are not very nice. You have a nice day Craig.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I have no idea why you have personally Craig have misinterpreted my post- you are are still rude and probably not the sort of person to be on a forum. I wish I hadn’t asked for advice as your posts are not very nice. You have a nice day Craig.
No, I’ve not helped anyone on this forum ever, not once. I’ve never delved deep into suspension or electronics issues, I’ve never gone over to someone’s house with a code scanner or had them over to mine to diagnose an issue, or change brake pads or do a service for them. I’m a right selfish sod, me.

I also haven’t personally misinterpreted anything. You turned up here after a bad experience- for which no-one could blame you- and rather than asking for help or advice, you ranted about it, concluding with a statement that you’d be going back to Audi. How is any of that behaviour conducive to making friends? It isn’t, bluntly.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I wish I hadn’t asked for advice
If you’d like advice, as per previous please post a question. I’m struggling to see any question so far.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I've lost track of how many times I've said it before but, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is quite powerful.
There's every possibility the OP has left it too late and, not done the correct thing, for it to come to their aid now.

Terms and conditions cannot overwrite statute.
exactly - which is why it always says the T and C do not affect your statutory rights. But the average Joe has no inkling what it means

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Just read through the thread. As a neutral its rather entertaining and sad.

People lives too short to rant and rave. Maybe those in the thread chucking stones have had very bad days respectively.

Deep breath. Count to 10

To the original poster - there is some good advice here (take it up with MB UK, a polite letter to the dealer principle etc).

Like all walks of life there are some shoddy characters (the salesman). Thats the issue and poor service. So good luck in solving those issues.

ps we are Mercedes folk - we do not like Audis

OP
H

Hannahshouse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2019
No, I’ve not helped anyone on this forum ever, not once. I’ve never delved deep into suspension or electronics issues, I’ve never gone over to someone’s house with a code scanner or had them over to mine to diagnose an issue, or change brake pads or do a service for them. I’m a right selfish sod, me.

I also haven’t personally misinterpreted anything. You turned up here after a bad experience- for which no-one could blame you- and rather than asking for help or advice, you ranted about it, concluding with a statement that you’d be going back to Audi. How is any of that behaviour conducive to making friends? It isn’t, bluntly.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Have you got it back now?

when I finally do get it back. 120 miles from owning it I have been offered £6k less than we paid for it. So in 11 weeks it’s list money even though the mileage is low From ownership. Keep getting critical error battery warnings now.

I understand you are angry but we don't get paid for these answers and some of us have professional interests that cover these issues.

And we certainly ain't MB UK in any incarnation.

So ask away and take what you like from the answers.

Pity it didn't go better for you, keep calm there's a lot in life to go wrong and this is sortable, many things aren't.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
The OP seems to be blaming MB the manufacturer for the problems with the car. It has absolutely nothing to do with MB the manufacturer at all. There will be many Audi's out there with similar or worse problems that the OP is experiencing that's for sure.

what has happened here is that either the OP has been gullible and stitched herself up with a Lemon or she has encountered a sharp Salesman who has done the job for her. If you are not confident in buying a car on your own take someone with you who knows what they are looking at for Christ's sake. The OP could easily dump the MB and end up with an even worse Audi if she doesn't.

I think to come on this Forum and tell us all that her new, to her, MB is a load of crap and she was going to buy another Audi is a pretty crass thing to do.

Having said all of that I/we just hope she gets sorted one way or another. She should be mindful that there are millions of very happy MB owners out there, it's just very unfortunate that the OP is not one of them.

Good luck :)

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
A lot to read (above) here and I have a lot to do so first off, I apologise if I missed something.

A word of advice to all- it is (currently) still good advice to always put at least part of the purchase on credit. So, that means £100 deposit paid on VISA card, then you get section 75 support from VISA and if VISA do not help you can escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service for assistance and both of these organisations should help you to hand your car back, or get financial recompense from the dealer or finance company.

So, first off Hanna - did you pay anything on finance? If so, this is a good way to go. Finance company first or VISA.
Is there not a warranty ?

Secondly, keep a record of all your calls (itemised bills, notes, times, dates, names) keep all emails. If you have this dating within the first six months then you have a documented audit trail of evidence in support of your claim.

Detail what you want to claim for and how much. Then once you have done your research and learning about the small claims court, you could consider a conversation with the manager, and do record it yourself (you need to disclose that you are doing so), and explain what you intend to do. Take them to court. However you will need to be able to demonstrate that the issues were not your doing/fault. Yet the CRA act (consumer rights) does stand in your favour that it is up to them to prove you are wrong - at least up until (I think SIX) months, after that you need to prove the items were there at point of sale or within a short period - your emails will support this.

Explain to the manager (as mentioned) you intend to pursue via the small claims court (SCC). Then send them by registered post, or even via email, a Final Notice letter - google it. Then give them a limited time to respond. 2 weeks is usual. Then issue a summons.

You might find they back down. You might find they fight, so make sure you are prepared for what you are getting into. The SCC is pretty straight forward, cheap and risk free, but it is still a court so get your ducks in a row.

That would be my advice - in a nutshell, written in a rush. Might have overlooked something, if i did. Sorry.

Dont waste your time arguing with idiots, because if you do you will find your day is suddenly full dealing with ebay, amazon, your bank, your telephone, internet, car, electric, gas, mortage and you will have no time for yourself anymore. Just go nuclear and send the summons :) It takes a few minutes and £70 ish (last time I did) and then you do not have to deal with the people you feel are messing you about.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Just go nuclear and send the summons :) It takes a few minutes and £70 ish (last time I did) and then you do not have to deal with the people you feel are messing you about.
Before you issue a summons it would be best to follow the Pre Action Protocols and send a Letter Before Action. Very often a correctly worded LBA will scare them into the desired result.
If it doesn't, then go nuclear.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I would not be happy either and I hope you get it sorted. It's not the sort of experience you expect from an MB dealership is it. We had an issue with our current car when we first bought it, not an actual fault as such, more a case of them not disclosing all the history of the car, but it was all sorted and they weren't an MB dealer. We've now had the car since the end of 2016 and still can find no reason to trade it in for a newer one!

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Sad and to be fair I can sympathise.

Secondly punters are too soft and it’s your own fault for not fighting the dealers. So much is actually to win against them, usually basic consumer rights, trade acts and then legal if needed. To an extent you may not be able to reject after 30 days but, if complaining about a fault within the first 6 months it’s presumed the fault was there at point of sale and it’s up to the dealer to prove otherwise. After 6 moths it’s the opposite. Complaining and going elsewhere is your own fault.

As for the tandem pumps its clearly a plague, pile of junk not fit purpose and arguably a death trap - simples. Sadly you have to give the dealer a chance to fix or replace sadly.

If it’s going to fail again as in it not a redesigned/updated part then I’d personally take it on and fight to reject on the basis the repair won’t last, again making the car unfit for purpose. Dealers are great and smiling and hiding behind worthless warranties but if you remain firm, in the right with a genuine valid argument, get trading standards, independent engineer assessments and then legal, along the line you’ll be told if you have a case or not and if you do, stuff from little as trading standards can get dears to step up before it goes further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

5w155t0ny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
If u believe u have a case, document all and go to small claims court.hindsight great, but prob u shud have not made payment until vehicle was to your satisfaction I sure as hxxx wud not have, and as far as used car salesmen are concerned, mb or any other my view, if mouth open they are surely lying.
Nope, as a former used car salesman now selling new cars, I'm not going to bite. I shall however point out that with that attitude I bet you don't get great service or deals from any salespeople you talk to, as I sure as hell would be looking to maximise profit and commission from anyone who had that sort of approach with me.
Almost as foolish as going to a restaurant and insulting the chef who is just about to cook your meal.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Based on actual experience bud. Not dreamed up.. Most of Time I just don't take salesman conversation as fact until I verify it thru my own means. Then the " inaccuracies" become my fault.

Top Bottom