repairing broken W202 Key fob.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
STAR is the MB diagnostic tool that will read the faults on the car,,cheaper with a good indie

recklaw

New Registration
Reaction score
faulty key fobs

Thankyoooooooou! I have just bought a 1995 c250 and with two fobs that didn't work!

Thanks to you they both now work smashing!! :D

BIG MERC SMIRK!

Penny

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome Penny to the forum,,so pleased that you got a good result

pitch1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Morris 1800S, Volvo 740, Triumph 2000/2500PI
This is a brilliant "manual" which I will try idc.

Just changed my E240 2.6 petrol which had potential of being a money pit ( although a brilliant drive ) for a 7 seater E320 cdi, another brilliant drive--- and economy!!!

But got a key problem, one key will not start engine although will turn it over.

Informed that faulty key is not switching on the injector pulse. So very greatfull for above posts.

We will see!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is a brilliant "manual" which I will try idc.

Just changed my E240 2.6 petrol which had potential of being a money pit ( although a brilliant drive ) for a 7 seater E320 cdi, another brilliant drive--- and economy!!!

But got a key problem, one key will not start engine although will turn it over.

Informed that faulty key is not switching on the injector pulse. So very greatfull for above posts.

We will see!!

This will not be the key,,the key cannot do that

Terrydoo7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 MB C250 Diesel Manual
Hi, I'm new to the MB scene. Bought a 1996 C250 D Classic and the remote doesn't work. Found out its the button chip that's stated in this thread so going to get an iron and get that sorted. But I have another fob/key related problem.

The blade itself is fine, but the little metal housing has broken. You know the bit? Where the key going in for the flip part. Where the spring for the flip going through. Any chance of being able to get just that part? Or do I have to by a used fob and dismantle it? How easy would it be to take a blade out of that part? Looks like its just a pin through it, is that right?

Many thanks

Terry

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, I'm new to the MB scene. Bought a 1996 C250 D Classic and the remote doesn't work. Found out its the button chip that's stated in this thread so going to get an iron and get that sorted. But I have another fob/key related problem.

The blade itself is fine, but the little metal housing has broken. You know the bit? Where the key going in for the flip part. Where the spring for the flip going through. Any chance of being able to get just that part? Or do I have to by a used fob and dismantle it? How easy would it be to take a blade out of that part? Looks like its just a pin through it, is that right?

Many thanks

Terry

Yes the case just opens up and you can transfer the bits that you like

Terrydoo7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yeah i know that, but its the part that holds the key. it almost looks like its solid though and dont want to get a fob just to end up breaking it :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yeah i know that, but its the part that holds the key. it almost looks like its solid though and dont want to get a fob just to end up breaking it :(

Get one off ebay and put your PCB into that new case

Terrydoo7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
makes sense. is it possible to get a blank key cut from a regular key cutters?

beezerbrown

New Registration
Reaction score
re repair broken key fob

Many thanks for your post. It proved invaluable.

steve kane

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to obtain a replacement spring for the single button remote, the one that pops the key blade out? I took our car to a tyre shop for a bargain price oil change and the keys were handed back with the blade swinging loosely, I thought that they had probably twisted the key against its anti theft lock and in doing so had allowed the spring to unwind, however on opening the key I found that the spring is missing altogether!!, I think the key must have completly openened up for this to happen. Its not laying in the car and its very annoying, any ideas?
Steve.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only one off Ebay if all complete

topgunkc

Reaction score
key problem

Hi I am new to this forum can anybody help or enlighten me.I just brought a c180 1997 p reg, the owner gave me one fully working key and one that (never worked) and two immobilser Key types things 3 goldish strips on them that you stick in a little hole right hand side of the drivers footwell to reset the immobiliser/alarm ? I have fixed the non working key I can open and close the car with button but it will not start the car turns over but does not fire.

My questions are does it matter which car key goes with the immob keys one is red the other black ? why does one key start the car and the other wont ?
any advice would be greatly welcomed.
(the key that was not working does not have a coil or rfid chip in it I dont really want to take the working one apart to look at it)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If yours is the long plastic key then the coil at the end will be open circuit and easy to fix with a tiny soldering iron

topgunkc

Reaction score
It looks the same as this one but all intact but i dont get the open circuit/coil bit ?

Attachments

• MERCKEY2.jpg
    MERCKEY2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 117

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It looks the same as this one but all intact but i dont get the open circuit/coil bit ?

This is a different type of key,,on that you should check the through hole plating as they go open circuit,just put a thin wire down each hole used and solder up and clip the ends

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom