Repairing wing on older car..worth it?

Jo319

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 230K SE COUPE 2005
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can advise about my 2005 C230K SE Auto coupe that has had the front wing smashed in by an anonymous driver reversing into it.
I don’t know whether damage extends to the engine as there was a damp patch extending from underneath it..

I don’t know what route to take to get it repaired since it’s not worth that much, but is priceless to me as my only way to be mobile while disabled.

It makes a scraping sound while driving, so is off the road for now while I decide whether
a) it is actually worth repairing vs it’s value,
b) how much it may cost to repair,
c) whether I should use a Mercedes garage or other,
c) whether to involve my insurance.

I am concerned insurance will want to write it off, but I would not be able to afford to replace it.
Even if they agree, my excess is £250 that would be hard to find just now.

Any advice to help a lady out would be welcome, as I need to get it back on the road as cheaply as possible,

thanks…

IMG_20231128_161030267.jpeg

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I’d say if you know the car is good, then source a second hand wing which would cost around £70 perhaps. Get a reasonable local body shop to repair it. That would cost the labour to fit and paint the replacement wing. The damp patch may be the coolant or washer tank at guess, if if lucky may be just rain water getting by the damage.

It’s not worth involving the insurance for this as sadly it’s not your fault and the insurance will use it against you. Also to get anything for your car you’d be looking at scrap value.

Sorry you have to go through this when it’s not your fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
DSK has summed it up really.

Could you not use your “womanly” skills and get a neighbour or friend to have a quick look and see what they say. It may not be too bad, and may be back on the road with “an ugly fix” , until such time that you can repair it.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Thats the road i took after rust took over in the bottom edge of both front wings..Buy one the same colour, and it will save any paint work ..this is my used wing repl;acement on the passengers side . And the car it came from . .But you need to find out what the fluid leak is before going further ,.

Attachments

• DSC06968.JPG
    DSC06968.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 10
  • new wing (1).jpg
    new wing (1).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom