Replace Audio 10 by Pioneer DEH 6400BT problems

matthiasbalcaen

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 w203
Good day,

I have a Mercedes w203 from 2001 with standard audio 10 installed. I recently bought a Pioneer DEH 6400BT to replace the old audio 10. The wiring is without the fiber optics, so still with the wiring of the speakers. I tried to get the connectors in and they fit. But the connection plugs aren't in the same place as the Mercedes plugs. I also tried to connect them with wiring separately to get some lights, but no reaction. So I checked the fuses on the radio and in the car under the hood. All fuses seems OK. Then I tried the Audio 10 again and this worked perfect.

I searched the web and found on the site of Nexxia Audio a connector for mercedes W203 for Audio 10. http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?s=Steering%20Control%20Adaptors&c=Mercedes%20Benz%20Stalk%20Control%20Adapters&product_code=CTSMC006

So I hope this will get some lights or even some sound out of the radio.

My question is if someone here has had the same problem and maybe knows if this part will make the radio work. I'm out of sources now and i don't really know any more what i could do to make this radio work.

So anyone who knows some info for this is very welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom