Rotary idle control valve 190 Cosworth2.5

BoB H

Reaction score
HI,
I,m trying to unravel the operation of this valve.The tip about sqeezing the rubber pipe on the manifold doesn't seem feasible,however it would have an effect on this engine as the vane in the valve does not close fully. It's clean and free, snaps open and closed with voltage,but remains about 2mm open when at rest. Is this correct?There seems to be a sealed adjuster/stop on the body!!!
I've read it operates on temperature controlled voltage. Should this be zero when hot? and which sensor should control this?

Any testing/checking info would be appreciated.
I'm still confused as to the purpose of the temp sensor with vacuum pipes fitted.Doesn't seem to be any vacuum in or out, hot or cold.
Can anyone help? There's a gun in the shed where I'm working and I'm looking for the bullets.
BoB.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
HI,
I,m trying to unravel the operation of this valve.The tip about sqeezing the rubber pipe on the manifold doesn't seem feasible,however it would have an effect on this engine as the vane in the valve does not close fully. It's clean and free, snaps open and closed with voltage,but remains about 2mm open when at rest. Is this correct?There seems to be a sealed adjuster/stop on the body!!!
I've read it operates on temperature controlled voltage. Should this be zero when hot? and which sensor should control this?

Any testing/checking info would be appreciated.
I'm still confused as to the purpose of the temp sensor with vacuum pipes fitted.Doesn't seem to be any vacuum in or out, hot or cold.
Can anyone help? There's a gun in the shed where I'm working and I'm looking for the bullets.
BoB.

The only test that I know is to put 12v momentary over the 2 contacts and they should buzz

Top Bottom