rumble from suspension

mhb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 1997
hello there
.can anyone help, Ive got a 97 c240 estate, and the suspension has got a bit noisy , when i run over bumps etc, it rumbles, slightly, does not seem livley ie damping etc seems ok.
its done about 91 thou miles,
any ideas
thanks
mike

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Probably anti-roll bar bushes.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have to decide if it front or rear, the bottom swivels front do wear out, and as rpe2 you have roll bar bushes and links both front and rear, the links can make it noisy when worn.

Best to jack up the front and check them.

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
Front Bottom Ball Joints Are Very Common On Your Model, Check These With No Weight On The Wheels, Simple To Check, Any Help Needed Just Give Us A Call Or Message

barose

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2011 Obsidian Black, CLS350 2013 Silver
I could use some help too. I just bought a used AMG S55 (2002 model) with just 31,000 and FSH. I am getting a muffled rumble/bumping sound from the left rear. Seems to be happening over very slight road imperfections or for no apparent reason at all. The usual bouncing of the car at the rear when stationary produces nothing abnormal and a cursory probe below seems normal. Any suggestions or is there someone out there in the Cambridge/Peterborough area that could check it out for me. Appreciate any help or advise. This is a great Club.

yellowspringuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi MY2005
I could use some help too. I just bought a used AMG S55 (2002 model) with just 31,000 and FSH. I am getting a muffled rumble/bumping sound from the left rear. Seems to be happening over very slight road imperfections or for no apparent reason at all. The usual bouncing of the car at the rear when stationary produces nothing abnormal and a cursory probe below seems normal. Any suggestions or is there someone out there in the Cambridge/Peterborough area that could check it out for me. Appreciate any help or advise. This is a great Club.
Any idea any one??

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom