S Class Performance Problem?

nialler

Reaction score
Hi All

A few days ago had to fill up with el-cheapo petrol (95 octane) and a rare problem has reoccured 4 times since the fill up but I'm wondering is it something that should be checked out anyway here's the story.

Pull off in the morning, fine, shifts up the gears, nice acceleration, pull up to the lights at the junction and when I pull out into the junction there's no performance at all, feels like it's stuck in 4th, floor it even into the kickdown and nothing happens still hovers around 2500rpm and accelerates like it's towing the QE2 behind it almost straining. Get to the next set of lights, put it in park turned off engine, switched back on and bob's yer uncle all was fine again.

I doubt if it's related to the fuel, is it transmission fluid, the MAF??, something, has anybody had a problem like this?

I'll be dropping into an indie soon but would like to get a heads up if anybody has gone through this.

Nialler

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
yes it will be the start of the MAS going down, clean it or replace, very cheap on Ebay right now £35

malcolm

angus falconer

Reaction score
television said:
yes it will be the start of the MAS going down, clean it or replace, very cheap on Ebay right now £35

malcolm

I agree with Television - same thing happened to me.

Television - fantastic avatar by the way (or whatever you call those thumbnails)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
angus falconer said:

Television - fantastic avatar by the way (or whatever you call those thumbnails)

Thanks, its just me sailing off into the sunset, and they all lived happy after.

Malcolm

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be a pain in the arse Television but would you have a link, not exactly sure what I'm looking for, plenty of chrome grills on ebay though and leather gear knobs.

Nialler

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
television said:
Thanks, its just me sailing off into the sunset, and they all lived happy after.

Malcolm

Looks like Mr Gate's "sunset" in the sample pictures in your my mydocs\mypictures to me....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If you search for 'Bosch MAF', 'Bosch MAS', 'Bosch Airflow Meter', 'Bosch Air Flow Meter', 'Mercedes Airflow Meter', 'Mercedes Air Flow Meter', 'Mercedes MAF' or 'Mercedes MAS' you should fin one or two.:p

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
davidsl500 said:
Looks like Mr Gate's "sunset" in the sample pictures in your my mydocs\mypictures to me....

David reads me like a book, I am sure he knows what I am thinking, of coarse he is right, I do have hundreds of pictures,but most are in the raw format that I use in photoshop and there was no time today to shrink one to fit. I will have a new one on my return.:D

malcolm

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom