S210 E320T 2001 - Rear window shattered.

Patchitos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320T Estate, 2001 ,S210
Hello all,
I managed to shatter the rear window on my 2001 E320.:oops:o_O
My insurance covers it , but I have to contribute £115 - fair enough.
Seems my no claims bonus will not be affected..
Does anybody know if my annual premium will increase? - I assume I will have to admit I made a claim come renewal time.
Am I better off just paying for it myself - I assume the cost would be considerably more than £115!!
It's more than a week until they can fix it so I have time to make alternative plans. (Not genuine Mercedes window but equivalent)
Thanks in advance.;)
John/

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
You need to check your insurance policy, but normally your NCD is not effected & no increase in premium.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Never had any issues with glass repairs / replacements and premiums increasing.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
You'll need to check your particular insurance. Most will only cover two replacements in a three year period. Many will cover more if there is a linked crime report.

OP
Patchitos

Patchitos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320T Estate, 2001 ,S210
The Saga continues!:(.
An appointment was made to fit my new window 10 days after the day I reported it to the windscreen company.
At the last minute ' when I was the technicians next stop ' I received a phone call cancelling with a 'story'..:confused:.
I sent an email a few days later for an update - I got a phone call a few days later - saying they've had to order from an outside supplier ( 3 - 5 days ) - That was 2 weeks from the original report!!.
That was a week ago - no contact despite an email on Saturday.
Seems like total incompetence - What can I do?
I've not contacted my Insurance company yet.
I have no idea of my rights - The insurance policy fine print seems non existent.
Fed up now.
Any suggestions please?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The Saga continues!:(.
An appointment was made to fit my new window 10 days after the day I reported it to the windscreen company.
At the last minute ' when I was the technicians next stop ' I received a phone call cancelling with a 'story'..:confused:.
I sent an email a few days later for an update - I got a phone call a few days later - saying they've had to order from an outside supplier ( 3 - 5 days ) - That was 2 weeks from the original report!!.
That was a week ago - no contact despite an email on Saturday.
Seems like total incompetence - What can I do?
I've not contacted my Insurance company yet.
I have no idea of my rights - The insurance policy fine print seems non existent.
Fed up now.
Any suggestions please?
Phone your insurance company

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
As above your Insurance Company should give you an alternative supplier.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom