S212 still dropping overnight.

Paul the Tall

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been milked to death, but I'm getting to the end of my tether with my s212 e350. Just rear air springs.
I have replaced the airbags with Arnotts, the rear valve block from Meisler oem and the oem solenoid valve in the pump. I have exposed all the plastic airlines and doused them with soapy water and leak detector spray. Not a bubble in sight. Yet still it sags overnight.
I haven't replaced the rest of the pump as I think the valve would stop any back feed. Or am I missing something?
Any input gratefully received.
I'm considering selling it and going back to a w124.
Cheers
Paul

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
..... Yet still it sags overnight.
Sooooo, during the day when driving and parked, it stays at the correct height.
I dont have a car with air suspension. Is there a switch to control the height ..?
If so, then something is activating that switch overnight..???

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class Estate 350cd, Porsche 928 S4
I had a sagging rear end :) Changed the air bags and solenoid, no difference, did the same as you soaked the airlines with leak detector with nothing found, changed the air lines and it stopped sagging.

OP
P

Paul the Tall

Reaction score
Sooooo, during the day when driving and parked, it stays at the correct height.
I dont have a car with air suspension. Is there a switch to control the height ..?
If so, then something is activating that switch overnight..???
No switch or anything, it is all automatic self levelling on the estates. It will drop when parked about 6mm per hour until it is completely on the bump stops.

OP
P

Paul the Tall

Reaction score
I had a sagging rear end :) Changed the air bags and solenoid, no difference, did the same as you soaked the airlines with leak detector with nothing found, changed the air lines and it stopped sagging.
I think that new lines must be my next move. The Arnotts air springs have no obvious way to remove the pushed in lines.
I disconnected the feed tube to from the compressor to the valve block. No air escapes from there so it must be between the valve block and the new air bags. It is strange that both sides are dropping by the same amount.
It will wait until next week now.

Stability

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
check the line between the compressor and OSR strut it runs around the wheel wheel.
Let the pump build up pressure and turn engine off to silence and listen for air.
line is about £15 and the Brass Connector join is a little more.
let me know how you get on

OP
P

Paul the Tall

Reaction score
Ok...I've now changed the airlines to the new Arnotts air springs and compressor to valve block. Double checked my connections and it still drops.
I am now wondering if the level sensors are at fault? Are they "live" when the car is locked.
I jacked the car up on one side today with it unlocked and it seemed to release some air as the ride height had obviously changed.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Ok...I've now changed the airlines to the new Arnotts air springs and compressor to valve block. Double checked my connections and it still drops.
I am now wondering if the level sensors are at fault? Are they "live" when the car is locked.
I jacked the car up on one side today with it unlocked and it seemed to release some air as the ride height had obviously changed.
Yep I’ve locked my car before and found as I was walking away it started to level itself a bit more,

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom