Sat Nav Bridge heights and Weight limits

drivinggod09

Reaction score
can anyone help me ive got an old Tom Tom Go 300 bought it off a mate who had the maps for uk and europe added on to it i want to know if i can add bridge heights to it ive been looking on the net looks like it is available as POI anyone know where and how i can download it onto mine thanks

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Have you tried on the Tom Tom site?
Have you plugged your Tom Tom it into your PC yet?

OP
drivinggod09

drivinggod09

Reaction score
yep done all that looked at a free download that said you had to drag the file low bridges onto the maps folder of the tom tom but still not got it working

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
The TomTom home software has POI on it. There are a few for Bridges that are under the normal height (ie under anything that all regular traffic can get under which i believe is under about 16ft 5 or there abouts.

They're not all accurate, and some don't give the height just warn of a low bridge. Not sure about weight.

There is one for the VOSA weigh bridges, but the 3 closest to me aren't on there so someone making them hasn't really done their homework.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
yep done all that looked at a free download that said you had to drag the file low bridges onto the maps folder of the tom tom but still not got it working

You say you copied the "File".
Was that the zip file you downloaded? Did you put it in the dir as-is?
If so, you need to open the zip file and put the contents (an ov2 and a bmp file) in that directory, not the zip file.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
TomTom uses OV2 files, but once you have copied the files to your map folder, you will need to enable the POI in the configuration screen. And where appropriate add a warning to each bridge. Adding the warning will allow you to specify how far in advance it warns you of the approaching bridge. Something else worth playing with is finding some sound files to use for each type of bridge, if you then convert the audio file to OGG format, and name it exactly as the POI name, it will automaticly be played when you get the alert.

OP
drivinggod09

drivinggod09

Reaction score
You say you copied the "File".
Was that the zip file you downloaded? Did you put it in the dir as-is?
If so, you need to open the zip file and put the contents (an ov2 and a bmp file) in that directory, not the zip file.
i unziped it and copyed the files there is only 2 one is an image and one is a ov2 file both into the maps on my tom tom but this hasnt worked i looked at that hgv solutions site im a bit warey of this as they are selling files that i have already i think

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
you need to go into the manage poi screen & set them up, choose warning sound & distance etc.

Russ

OP
drivinggod09

drivinggod09

Reaction score
thanks il have a look but it didnt show any sign of a low bridge when i went past one yesterday after i copied the files

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom