Sat nav hardwire on e320 W211

Terry Wilkins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E320 3.0 ltr V6 diesel avantgarde estate
Well I've managed to get the ashtray out so can someone tell me which wire I connect to for power please. There are three wires when I thought there would only be two.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brown is ground; one of the other two is thinner and probably blue; the other is thicker and could be grey-white or black-green, etc.

The latter is your switched power. The thinner one is usually an ashtray light.

One other way to check - the two wires that go to each side of the power socket are your main [+12V] and [-], the one in the middle of the plug - light, or trigger signal - depends on the spec: my rear socket got it (trigger), but my front one one has two wires - non-smoker package, so no light - I retrofitted it myself though ;)

PS Best to check with multimeter, of course. And also - does the satnav require 5V or 12V? Or do you have a hard-wire kit for it?

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
I would go on the back of the fuse box via an ignition feed. Just make sure ge wire your tapping onto is quie thick. install a 2 amp fuse in the circuit. Fit a cigarette lighter socket behind the dash and plug the sat nav charger into it.

Then bring the lead up out of the dash near the bottom of the drivers a post trim.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom