Service card for OBD point required.

Scott1433

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter Van 2019 Diesel 2143cc
We have sent our Mercedes Sprinter van (2019) to a local company for MOT. However they have said we need to take it to a main dealer because they cannot access the obd port without the key. For whatever reason, we do not have this key. I spoke to mercedes who said these locks are not factory fitted they are supplied by a 3rd party so they are unable to supply the key. They said we need to get it from the 3rd party company, and there should be details near the port. There is a label near the port which I have attached to this post.
The problem is when you go to this website it doesn't appear to be an active website, you just get forwarded to useless websites that have nothing to do with this. How to I obtain a new key, seems like a crazy situation, I'm just going round in circles. Sorry if this is a dumb post, but sorting out vehicles is not my normal job, but this has landed on my desk. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to solve this problem?

obd.jpg

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Why do the MOT test station need to access your OBD port?
I've never heard of this for an MOT.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Any diesel vehicle with a DPF now requires both the oil temperature and the engine RPM to be measured during the emissions test. This is done with a connection to the OBD port.
Is that a recent thing? My ML was MOT'd in Feb & the tester didn't plug it in :confused:

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Is that a recent thing? My ML was MOT'd in Feb & the tester didn't plug it in :confused:
Maybe too old. Usually they’ll do this if you have a small number slap bang in the middle of the chassis sticker inside the driver’s door shut that is lower than 0.30. If there is no number on your chassis sticker they will test it to the default 0.30 figure, and that doesn’t require the plug in to the OBD port. The OP’s 2019 registered vehicle will definitely have a much lower test threshold

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Maybe too old. Usually they’ll do this if you have a small number slap bang in the middle of the chassis sticker inside the driver’s door shut that is lower than 0.30
Must be tool old then .... mine is 0.51 :)

20190411-171632.jpg

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Must be tool old then .... mine is 0.51 :)

20190411-171632.jpg
0.51 is a high number for that age. My ML is 0.51 and I have no DPF. I shouldn’t tell you this, but if you have a much lower target number on that sticker if you scrape it off they have to test it at the default number.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
0.51 is a high number for that age. My ML is 0.51 and I have no DPF. I shouldn’t tell you this, but if you have a much lower target number on that sticker if you scrape it off they have to test it at the default number.
I'd assumed it did have a DPF due to having Adblue .... but never crawled under to look

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Did you try the last company that owned it if you havent got it that long? maybe an ex lease hire company van that possibly still have the keys? Never heard of this, good to know. ive heard of another obd lock that can only be accessed by the dealership but not a third part one.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom