service miles for ATF in my CLK220

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
it is about 60k since the fluid and filter was changed, transmission is working well so should I get it done at this service?

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Do it and see the difference. I thought mine was working well until I changed the ATF.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I do mine every 30k max , seems like cheap insurance to me . I did my OH,s Clk ATF and filter for about £50 . Which was for 4L of Fuchs Titan 4134 and an MB filter and sump gasket . (Didn't drain the Torque converter with that change ) .

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I do mine every 30k max , seems like cheap insurance to me . I did my OH,s Clk ATF and filter for about £50 . Which was for 4L of Fuchs Titan 4134 and an MB filter and sump gasket . (Didn't drain the Torque converter with that change ) .

Totally agree MB state 40,000 now changed to 37,500 on my car. Sadly previous owner didnt do it. So it got done with the T.C. And an overhaul clean at 40,000 .... luckily the ATF was still very clean but I was lucky.

My view is simple clean oils lubricate, and dirty oils are grinding paste solutions.
Plus an asset protection ... I would never buy a car that had overridden significantly any lubrication maintenance schedule. Plenty more fish ...
Likewise I would pay a premium for one that had been over-serviced.
And yes I even change my differential oil at 40,000 intervals.

Some may see it as a tad paranoid .... but then so far, the first viewer of all my cars has bought them!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Totally agree MB state 40,000 now changed to 37,500 on my car. Sadly previous owner didnt do it. So it got done with the T.C. And an overhaul clean at 40,000 .... luckily the ATF was still very clean but I was lucky.

My view is simple clean oils lubricate, and dirty oils are grinding paste solutions.
Plus an asset protection ... I would never buy a car that had overridden significantly any lubrication maintenance schedule. Plenty more fish ...
Likewise I would pay a premium for one that had been over-serviced.
And yes I even change my differential oil at 40,000 intervals.

Some may see it as a tad paranoid .... but then so far, the first viewer of all my cars has bought them!
I also tend to the the diff fluid when I do the ATF as it's such a quick job when all my tools are lying on the drive .
I would have guessed that the first to see any of your cars for sale would buy them , they sound immaculate , and for anyone that has ever been out looking at cars wether dealer or private , there are some absolute sh***rs out there !

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I also tend to the the diff fluid when I do the ATF as it's such a quick job when all my tools are lying on the drive .
I would have guessed that the first to see any of your cars for sale would buy them , they sound immaculate , and for anyone that has ever been out looking at cars wether dealer or private , there are some absolute sh***rs out there !
Thanks,
Yes there are some shockers out there, and some extremely dubious sellers.

And I do try and look after her properly.
Mind you failed miserably on the engine bay
IMG_4153.JPG
Seems impossible to make the V look nice .. its a horrible matt/stone effect finish. Like wise the air intake elephant trunks are a sort of rough woven material ... look horrible.
But at least presentably clean :)

Not quite in Carl's league :-/

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks,
Yes there are some shockers out there, and some extremely dubious sellers.

And I do try and look after her properly.
Mind you failed miserably on the engine bay
View attachment 38018
Seems impossible to make the V look nice .. its a horrible matt/stone effect finish. Like wise the air intake elephant trunks are a sort of rough woven material ... look horrible.
But at least presentably clean :)

Not quite in Carl's league :-/
That looks absolutely stunning ...you brought your A game to that clean :)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom