SL350 BOOT & ROOF PROBLEMS

yelnats69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2009. Sprinter Autocruise camper 2001
First off, a couple of question about the boot, as I feel they might be related to the roof problem .
Boot does not open under power.
when (button(s) are pressed, you can hear the unlock, disengage but boot has to be lifted manually.
boot will close very efficiently via power button(s).
Does it close simply by gravity (seems to be powered down, and its pretty heavy? ) if it is powered the the hydraulic pump , then 1 stage must at least be working.???? cant hear the pump
Now onto the to the roof.
when open roof is selected, windows drop and i can hear some (locks?? noise) but no pump sound and no other movement than the windows. windows will raise on on close roof.

So any advice would be deeply appreciated
Stan Stockdale
SL350 2009 face lift

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Any oil in hyd tank, any signs of oil or pipe leak
If one of above some micro switch not confirming an action that then fires up pump

OP
Y

yelnats69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2009. Sprinter Autocruise camper 2001
Thanks for the reply will check in the morning,

Regards

Stan

greg elmassian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL500 Designo
So hydraulics for the roof, but pneumatic for trunk/boot.

Recently had the trunk issue, if you have a leak or other issue then it will need resetting.

Do the door locks still function with the remote? If not, your pneumatic system has a fault.

You are reset the pneumatic pump by removing it's fuse and replacing, or resetting with a service tool.

an air leak anywhere in the pneumatic system
trunk pulldown
door locks
gas cap cover
rear cabin cargo compartments
seats

will cause the pump to usually sense something is wrong, and will not come back until reset.

check your door locks first... if they do not function, reset the pump with fuse or tool.

if it happens again, bad pump or more likely leak...

Greg

greg elmassian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL500 Designo
My leak was in the seat, and was playing with the seat while driving, and the leak in the seat bladder, caused the pump to run past it's "timer" and shut it off... my icarsoft scanner pointed out the issue.

Greg

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I am major fan of icarsoft, it has more than paid for itself also on r230 xentry saved me a fortune. But is a bit of a ballache to set up and more importantly stay current with. I use both on ml250 but I first use icarsoft as more convenient. I travel with both in car. Never did with w208, w168 which probably tells a story in itself. Also xentry is grand for wis info and further research. Almost as good as cat sis, et.

Top Bottom