slk 230power roof/ abs bac lights

waynelotus

Reaction score
hi i have a problem with the power roof on my slk
the abs light and asr/bas light comes on and will not reset at the same time the power roof stops working wether up or down please help
thanks wayne

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
what year is it?

Could this perhaps be battery related?

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
I would suspect the multi function relay/control unit.

Or it could be two unrelated faults......

Get the fault codes read and thi should point you in the right direction

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
black may be onto something there, i was just trying to link the two problems, i know ASR comes on when the power steering sensor detects a voltage drop, and maybe the roof wont fuction if volts were too low?! heh, bit of a guess from me.

still, maybe hook a good battery up and see if probs go away.

be aware though that d/c your battery will likely cause a couple of minor issues..make sure you have radio code if your car requires one, and windows need reprogramming but thas easy and steeringsensor too but again easy, so just let us know if you have any probs.

OP
W

waynelotus

Reaction score
I would suspect the multi function relay/control unit.

Or it could be two unrelated faults......

Get the fault codes read and thi should point you in the right direction

hi

have tried to have fault codes read but the mechanic said the ecu would not respond. garage said this is not unusual on a complex car and did not mean the ecu was faulty. the roof does work but spasmodically and getting worse.thanks wayne

OP
W

waynelotus

Reaction score
black may be onto something there, i was just trying to link the two problems, i know ASR comes on when the power steering sensor detects a voltage drop, and maybe the roof wont fuction if volts were too low?! heh, bit of a guess from me.

still, maybe hook a good battery up and see if probs go away.

be aware though that d/c your battery will likely cause a couple of minor issues..make sure you have radio code if your car requires one, and windows need reprogramming but thas easy and steeringsensor too but again easy, so just let us know if you have any probs.

hi

the car has been stored over winter. the battery was flat so decided as it was an old battery to replace. we reset the air bag fault lights but still got probs. with abs/roof
thanks wayne

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
have you checked the fuses? perhaps a fuse has gone for the power roof and the asr probs are a different issue, also check out blacks advice,,

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
hi

have tried to have fault codes read but the mechanic said the ecu would not respond. garage said this is not unusual on a complex car and did not mean the ecu was faulty. the roof does work but spasmodically and getting worse.thanks wayne

What system are they using to read the codes etc. If it is a Star and it has not picked up the multifunction relay/control unit I would suspect it to be the fault.

Make sure it has its 12v feeds and a good earth before you condem it. Get someone who know what they are doing to look at it. It is no good taking it to someone who does not know the model.

Reaction score
It could be one of your abs wheel sensors as it uses the pulse to determine what speed you are doing to stop the roof from working above 5 mph if the sensor is giving false info the roof wont work and the abs will light up:p

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom