SLK 32 AMG

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Good afternoon everyone

After 17 years ownership my aunty is parting with their/ her beloved SLK 32 AMG SILVER 2001 47000 miles FSH part indie,needs a wheel refurbish and a session with the t cut but otherwise lovely

They have of course asked me what its worth but I don't have a clue ,cant rush round for pics as her husband has not long passed but know its lovely

I think I will end up putting it on here but just wondered if someone who owns one knows the number and any tips for what I should look out for

Many thanks in anticipation

Paul

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I'd say the biggest thing with these is rusty rear arches/front wings. Also check roof goes up / down without any issues. Mileage is low so could be worth circa £7k or more. If its really good I'd polish it, refurb the wheels and keep it for myself. Good R170's are beginning to become sought after.

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'd say the biggest thing with these is rusty rear arches/front wings. Also check roof goes up / down without any issues. Mileage is low so could be worth circa £7k or more. If its really good I'd polish it, refurb the wheels and keep it for myself. Good R170's are beginning to become sought after.

Thank you

I have done some research and can see some in the mid teens,these must be special additions I guess but the reason I asked on here is that there is such a large variation in prices

Will see the car soon,the emotions around the sad loss and the attachment to the car and memories mean I wont be able to probe until asked

Thanks again

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806227746709?keywords=SLK32&radius=200&postcode=b742lq&model=SLK&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

This is pretty much the same car but is on for 17k! Someone in the club local has one the same and thinks his is worth 12k 49000 hence my request for expert help on here

Cheers
No idea on price , but you could get a fresh service and get the car professionally cleaned and try your luck with a high price . Pity it wasn't up for sale 2 months ago with the weather .

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe I've undervalued this car a little. To be honest though I think R170 prices are all over the place. I paid £6k for my showroom condition SLK230 with 69k miles almost 2 years ago. It's not perfect but very near. I feel it's worth at least £7k now. So, I guess a 320 AMG with 40 odd k miles might fetch rather more. All depends on who, what, where and when I guess. But like I said, I'd not get rid. Good luck

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe I've undervalued this car a little. To be honest though I think R170 prices are all over the place. I paid £6k for my showroom condition SLK230 with 69k miles almost 2 years ago. It's not perfect but very near. I feel it's worth at least £7k now. So, I guess a 320 AMG with 40 odd k miles might fetch rather more. All depends on who, what, where and when I guess. But like I said, I'd not get rid. Good luck
Thanks

Yes I am wondering more and more if I should make a fair cash offer based on what needs doing [and to respect them] and keep it and polish the value in for next spring

When I et invited I will know more but like you say its a funny market

Cheers

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
You're not kidding it's a funny market - it's not long ago a friend of mine bought a 320 for his wife, Y reg IIRC, low mileage and full MB service history. I've seen the car and it's lovely - and he got change from £2500!!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The 32 are becoming a very rare car now, the problem is where so many 320's are being advertised as AMG's these days when really only have AMG body kits.
Mileage and rust free I think you'd need to be in the 12-13k region on a fair offer at the moment, the 32k is a cracking engine too, wish I had the money I'd whip your arm off at one of these.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
So how do you tell the difference between an SLK 320 AMG and an SLK 320 with AMG body kit? I'm interested as in the not too distant future I will have to change my 968 cab for an SLK (only decent droptop that will fit my garage) and the 320 is the absolute minimum acceptable(don't think SWMBO would be too happy if i got a 55!:(:()

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
The prices of r170's do seem to vary wildly. This is for the most part down to one thing - rust. Very few cars have none. Most have some. Some cars have a lot. in my experience, prices reflect this.
SLK32 AMG's are relatively rare, and as such will always command a premium, although the market for them is quite limited. The few buyers searching for one will have done their research and know exactly what they are looking for. If your car is good it will likely sell, but you will need to market it well.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
So how do you tell the difference between an SLK 320 AMG and an SLK 320 with AMG body kit? I'm interested as in the not too distant future I will have to change my 968 cab for an SLK (only decent droptop that will fit my garage) and the 320 is the absolute minimum acceptable(don't think SWMBO would be too happy if i got a 55!:(:()

The SLK32 AMG has the m112 v6 engine with a supercharger nestling in the vee. It's pretty obvious when looking under the bonnet.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The 32 are becoming a very rare car now, the problem is where so many 320's are being advertised as AMG's these days when really only have AMG body kits.
Mileage and rust free I think you'd need to be in the 12-13k region on a fair offer at the moment, the 32k is a cracking engine too, wish I had the money I'd whip your arm off at one of these.

I think you are right with this range. I have seen some between £9k and £12k languish for a while, but they had high mileage.

It is a special car, the 230k isnt exactly slow either so can't imagine the 32 amg.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wish the op luck with this. If it's as good as it sounds then it's going to be a desirable car. Get the wheels refurbed and the paint etc polished. Then buy it and keep it. I've had my SLK230k almost 2 years and I absolutely love it. Puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, goes like stink (the 320 even more so) and looks the part. I can't see me ever wanting to part with it.

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you.This one is bona fide AMG seats embossed,sports pack etc,will see but yes I am definitely more thinking of buying for myself subject to stand issues check

Cheers

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wish the op luck with this. If it's as good as it sounds then it's going to be a desirable car. Get the wheels refurbed and the paint etc polished. Then buy it and keep it. I've had my SLK230k almost 2 years and I absolutely love it. Puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, goes like stink (the 320 even more so) and looks the part. I can't see me ever wanting to part with it.
Thank you

I think this is the route I want to take but have to wait to be asked.When I am I will get pics etc and update all that have contributed

Cheers

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thank you

I think this is the route I want to take but have to wait to be asked.When I am I will get pics etc and update all that have contributed

Cheers
Good luck Paul, sounds like a great opportunity

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi

I now have registration number which for now I think its best to keep private until I get ok to do so

But to get a bottom number, I knew it would be low, I put it through We buy any Car, I was astonished to see that they would pay..............wait for it, £3225!!!!!!! I contacted them to say maybe their system didn't pick up the exact model etc etc,but they said they had it as per the spec and that was their price.I went on to say that only 263 were launched in UK and that prices generally were far far higher ,they said they know but this is their price

always was going to be a waste of time but thought I would get the bottom price as well as the middle and top lol

Thought it might be of interest or give someone a laugh
Cheers
Paul

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well Paul that doesn't surprise me at all. Daylight robbery. Some of the ridiculius offers from even well respected traders is astonishing. I recently enquired about p/x value of my other car, W202 C280 v6 82k miles and pretty much pristine and 8 months mot, I was offered £250 !!!! I thought they'd forgotten to put a 1 in front at first. That car is worth at least £1.5k all day long !
Do some of these people seriously expect to trade ?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom