Slk280

MissMercedes

Reaction score
Hi,

I have not been on for a while. I have decided to order an SLK280 in black.

I added to following options.
Alpaca Leather, Airscarf, heated seats, comand and prewire, 7gtronic, vavona wood trim, CD changer and LOGIC7. As I like SLinKyjoes wheels I took a picture of them with me and have that option added too.

Now the question is? Do i have the car de-badged. The dealer asked me and he says it is better to order a factory order car de-badged than to have it arrive and them take it off?

I have been told to expect a delivery of November or December.

paulcallender

Banned
Reaction score
Yes (debadge), if only to make it easier to clean the bodywork where the bagde would be.

Reaction score
Please leave your badge on

Why debadge it, only people with the 200 would want to debage - so as to keep others guessing. I order my 280 on Monday, with the badge on but with the dealership sticker off.

OP
M

MissMercedes

Reaction score
Thanks, but too late. I should really have replied sooner. :Oops:

I have asked them to de-badge it. I have no interest in showing off and therefore people who follow can think what they like. Either they like my car or they dont.

As far as I am concerned, If I like that is enough for me.

I have informed them not to put the dealer sticker in the rear window. It is too small and i dont want the view blocking. I am sure it wont matter with the roof down, but when one is going out and the hair is perfect (!) the roof will be up.

I have been searching the net for Gap insurance. Quoted £350 for £25k cover. The MB dealer cheekily suggested I pay for it through them at only £97 a month. This did include a half price AutoGlym lifeshine at £150.

Guess they won't be too happy when I let them down gently. Mind you, men should be used to being let down gently by the ladies don't you think?

Reaction score
I've read several 'threads' on this forum site Ref: GAP insurance, with everyone quoting approx. £350, with Sainsbury's mentioned more than once.

I've heard there are x2 types of GAP available, normally providing cover for x3 yrs. In the event of your vehicle being either 'written off' or stolen, either, Shortfall GAP (i.e. pays any potential difference or 'shortfall' between market value for the vehicle and your finance settlement figure) or Return to Invoice GAP (i.e. this will pay back the the full invoice price paid inc. accessories)

Which one is the Sainsbury's deal based on, Shortfall or RTI?

Do most insurance companies not offer old for new within first x12ths anyway? and many actually x24mths?

RT Benz

john_boy

Reaction score
gap ins...

before i retired i was an insurance broker for 28 years......

most private car policies offer the 1st owner a new vehicle replacement in the 1st 12 months of ownership, if the repair costs exceed 60% of the new cost of the car....

So essentially 3 years gap ins is really 2 years...

personally i wouldn't bother with GAP cover myself.....

And as far a debadging - i'm with the other comment - if i saw a debadged anything, i'd assume it was the "poverty" model...

i'm bunging an AMG badge onto the boot of my SLK 350, as well as an AMG signature interior plaque.......

blassberg

Reaction score
MissMercedes said:
I have informed them not to put the dealer sticker in the rear window. It is too small and i dont want the view blocking. I am sure it wont matter with the roof down, but when one is going out and the hair is perfect (!) the roof will be up.
Now I bet most guys think that you meant the view out of the back window should not be blocked. But you meant you wanted your hair to be seen when roof is up and hair perfect? <schoolboy giggle>

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
I am having the AMG debadged. I really want that boxster owner to think it is a fully AMG kitted 200! until i pootle off that is.

should I have asked for the badges to sell on ebay?

I had a chat with the sales guy today. he promised me a go in an SLR. I nearly took out a second mortgage to make sure he didnt back out. but we both agreed, we wouldn't spend £300k+ on one. he said he would have the porsche GT thing. I said it would be good to have one of them sprayed up in a ferrari paint job and rip off the porsche badging and put a ferrari badge on. that way at least it will last.

shall let you know what the SLR is like when i come back from the Moon.

paulcallender

Banned
Reaction score
Am I not understanding this right, or is this the scenario: Slinky and blassberg are rambling about whether to order the car with/without its badges, dreaming about traffic light showdowns with Porsches, or making cheap sexist prods at females who take good care of their hair. While, missmercedes is the one who can actually afford the car and has gone ahead and ordered it without those seemingly critical badges?

Reaction score
MissMercedes said:
not to put the dealer sticker in the rear window. It is too small and i dont want the view blocking. I am sure it wont matter with the roof down, but when one is going out and the hair is perfect
Surely x2 glaring omissions from your choice of options would have solved these two dilemmas. Parktronic & a transparent wind deflector!!! :lol:

Last edited:

paulcallender

Banned
Reaction score
Round the Benz said:
Surely x2 glaring omissions from your choice of options would have solved these two dilemmas. Parktronic & a transparent wind deflector!!! :lol:

I guess the dealer chose to forego their free plug in the back window, rather than having to supply these options free of charge....

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
paulcallender said:
Am I not understanding this right, or is this the scenario: Slinky and blassberg are rambling about whether to order the car with/without its badges, dreaming about traffic light showdowns with Porsches, or making cheap sexist prods at females who take good care of their hair. While, missmercedes is the one who can actually afford the car and has gone ahead and ordered it without those seemingly critical badges?

as it happens I know miss mercedes.

and as it also happens. I have ordered the SLK55 without badging too.

New2Merc

Reaction score
SLinKyjoes Wheels?

MissMercedes said:
Hi,

I have not been on for a while. I have decided to order an SLK280 in black.

I added to following options.
Alpaca Leather, Airscarf, heated seats, comand and prewire, 7gtronic, vavona wood trim, CD changer and LOGIC7. As I like SLinKyjoes wheels I took a picture of them with me and have that option added too.

Now the question is? Do i have the car de-badged. The dealer asked me and he says it is better to order a factory order car de-badged than to have it arrive and them take it off?

I have been told to expect a delivery of November or December.

OK, I gotta see these wheels... Where can I find the picture?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom