Snow foam sprayer recommendations?

Bopo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi AMG Night Premium Plus (Sept 2015) with GAD Tuning re-map. Definitely not double badged.
I did a search of the forums but couldn't find anything, so...

I've got a Karcher K4 pressure washer and I bought a Karcher foam sprayer to try out. Even on the strongest setting it puts a slightly runny coat of Turtle Wax snow foam onto the car and gets through about 750ml of product to clean my E-class (ie a large car).

While I'm not bothered about it looking like shaving foam, I'd like at least a few minutes of dwell time if possible.

So, onto morethanpolish.com to buy:

Heavy Duty Foam Lance (Karcher K)
Concentrated Pink Snow Foam 2.5l

With the concentrate watered down at 20:1 as per instructions I had a go with high hopes. Oh dear. I'm not sure if it was the gun or the 'foam' but even on the strongest setting it was very watery and running straight off. I used a litre of mixed product and it ran off so fast there were streaks in the surface dirt when I washed it off. Even with the Karcher/Turtle combo this didn't happen.

I'll try the Pink foam in the Karcher bottle to try to work out if the foam is the problem. I'm nearly out of Turtle Wax foam so maybe I'll buy another 5 litres and try that in the morethanpolish sprayer.

Any ideas if I'm just doing it wrong, need to make the mix stronger etc or can anybody recommend a sprayer/foam combo that works well on a Karcher K washer?

Cheers!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’ve had a couple of the so called premium lances, first one lasted about 20 washes , second one similar then I changed filters and strip down - made sure to run fresh water (foam free) through for another 2-3 minutes after wash finished and I got a bit longer. Ultimately it stopped working too
I now use the Karcher cheapo which has no filter and I just put it away in the shelf after use, no rinse nothing. This one has been 18 months so far...
Foam , now using the Bilt Hammer stuff and get a decent foam and dwell...

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I use a PA built foam lance from Autobright. Had it for years, used on 3 cars every week for more years than I care to recall and its working spot on (I'm not in a hard water area).

After trying many, I stick with Bilt Hamber for Auto Foam and Final Wax.

Last edited:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I’m using the autoglym polar blast at the moment and even in my non pressure washer snow foam sprayer I get a good dwell for a couple of minutes before it starts to slide off.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
!00s of different products....100s of opinions... lovely words like lubricity, dwell time, slickness, foaming..........buy a well recognised unit (I didn't :)) and learn how to use it.

Some say "shaving foam" is good others prefer a runny slop.

Product quality, foam lance, mix (in bottle), mix (on lance), ...etc way too many variables......

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom