So you think you are safe after 3 weeks do you ? You are NOT !!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
"no judge would honour it or give it time of day in a court room."

Having been in more Courts (Civil ) than I could care to mention I wouldn't rely on that, but you would be before a Magistrate usually.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
You've been unlucky to get done at Ings Simon.
Usually the traffic is well aware of these 2 cameras and slows down.
They are quite prominent but as you say in a flow of traffic it's usual just to go the same speed as the others.

This is a proven cash collection site and not that long ago in the local papers the dork in charge of the road safety partnership said he was going to position a mobile van just past these cameras to catch those who slowed down for the camera and then speeded up!

I can't really remember any accidents at this spot (except someone swerving to avoid a badger) in fact accidents are usually further north towards Windermere.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
My condolences mate --at least its not 3 points --but I do think its registered as an offence so you must tell your insurer and they keep it against your for the next 4 years !
On a lighter note out local yellow camera box (Newcastle Rd) Nantwich was ringed with tyres and set alight last week so somebody felt agreived enough to take action?
Its all black and shrivelled now and I hope they just take it away its on a totally useless hardly used road now since we had a new bypass built anyway.

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk

Im sorry but i have to disagree with your statment unless of course you think as with other members of this forum and the other forum that because a car is not registered to you the 14 day rule still applies (i think not)

PS i cant remember the last time i Didnt have sp points on my licence

crockers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc now sold - XC60 D5 arrived
Thank you for that Mic..
My NIP says the following:
At 20.06 on 02/09/2010 at A591 the motorvehicle XXXXX exeeded the restricted speed Blah, Blah..
Underneathe the heading Notice of intended Prosecution it has the date 29/10/10
That actually makes it just over 10 weeks ago.
Is it worth asking the CAB ?

Simon it's a pain in the a55 but I don't think there's much that can be done about it. CAB won't be interested, they are over stretched and funding is being slashed. I don't think they will see a "trivial" motoring offence in the same league as trying to stop people losing their homes etc.

Look on bright side, many forces are now no longer offering speed awareness courses due to further cuts.

crockers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc now sold - XC60 D5 arrived
My condolences mate --at least its not 3 points --but I do think its registered as an offence so you must tell your insurer and they keep it against your for the next 4 years !
On a lighter note out local yellow camera box (Newcastle Rd) Nantwich was ringed with tyres and set alight last week so somebody felt agreived enough to take action?
Its all black and shrivelled now and I hope they just take it away its on a totally useless hardly used road now since we had a new bypass built anyway.

Attending a speed awareness course is NOT an offence and does NOT need to be reported to insurance company. That Q was asked in autoexpress and they asked insurance companies. About 2-4 weeks ago.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Simon, im in the same situation myself. the paperwork has been sent to my girlfriends house due to me moving. is the course etc £70 but NO FINE or is that as well as a fine. ive not seen mine yet, but i know its there!

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
What is the point of Simon going on yet another speed awareness course when he has publicly stated on this forum that he took no notice of the previous course and has no intention of responding to the forthcoming course.
If the Chief Constable became aware ofyour intentions then he would withdraw the offer of the course and impose the penalty points!
Be very careful what you boast of on the forum Simon because the Speed Awareness courses are organised for your benefit and can be withdrawn if abused.

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Simon, im in the same situation myself. the paperwork has been sent to my girlfriends house due to me moving. is the course etc £70 but NO FINE or is that as well as a fine. ive not seen mine yet, but i know its there!

Hi Pete,
as far as I remember that is the total ..
In fact the blurb that comes with it says something like "For £10 you can keep a clean license by sitting the course"

Last time I did it there was a guy in a suit who got up about half an hour into the course and said "I am not listening to this cr4p, I will pay the fine and have the points". He then walked out..
The copper seemed a little speechless..I don't think he had met that situation before..
I have to say that I felt great admiration for him..

For those of you who still think this is a "nice" country full of "Nice" regs and rules I shall tell you a quick story that is related to this post..
Many years ago when speed cameras were just appearing I was reading an interview in a motoring magazine..
The interview was with some big wig in charge of road policies at the time..
The interview went on as you would expect with Mr Big proclaiming how he had our interests at heart and that he just wanted to make the roads safer etc, etc..
Then the magazine reporter asked what would he do when people had more or less stopped speeding and that we were all driving round like automatons?
Do you know what his answer was??
He said well if that happens we shall just lower all the speed limits even more..

So now tell me how fair it is and how its not just yet another stealth tax..
They get away with it because we are British and on average we dont complain..
Sometmes I really do wish I was French (living in France of course).

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
What is the point of Simon going on yet another speed awareness course when he has publicly stated on this forum that he took no notice of the previous course and has no intention of responding to the forthcoming course.
If the Chief Constable became aware ofyour intentions then he would withdraw the offer of the course and impose the penalty points!
Be very careful what you boast of on the forum Simon because the Speed Awareness courses are organised for your benefit and can be withdrawn if abused.

I am sorry I didnt realize I was "boasting"..
Its a simple statement of fact and I certainly wasnt alone on the course I was on I can tell you.
At this point in time I will damned well think what I want as that isnt quite illegal yet.... YET !
If I have to "be careful" of what I put on this forum then maybe its time for me to leave it..
I am giving it thought..

Once again this country is getting sadder by the day!

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
Its a simple statement of fact and I certainly wasnt alone on the course I was on I can tell you.
At this point in time I will damned well think what I want as that isnt quite illegal yet.... YET !
If I have to "be careful" of what I put on this forum then maybe its time for me to leave it..
I am giving it thought..

Sometimes Simon a little humility does not go missplaced.

But that of course is your decision as we do still have a democratic and free country;)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Hi Pete,
as far as I remember that is the total ..
In fact the blurb that comes with it says something like "For £10 you can keep a clean license by sitting the course"

Last time I did it there was a guy in a suit who got up about half an hour into the course and said "I am not listening to this cr4p, I will pay the fine and have the points". He then walked out..
The copper seemed a little speechless..I don't think he had met that situation before..
I have to say that I felt great admiration for him..

For those of you who still think this is a "nice" country full of "Nice" regs and rules I shall tell you a quick story that is related to this post..
Many years ago when speed cameras were just appearing I was reading an interview in a motoring magazine..
The interview was with some big wig in charge of road policies at the time..
The interview went on as you would expect with Mr Big proclaiming how he had our interests at heart and that he just wanted to make the roads safer etc, etc..
Then the magazine reporter asked what would he do when people had more or less stopped speeding and that we were all driving round like automatons?
Do you know what his answer was??
He said well if that happens we shall just lower all the speed limits even more..

So now tell me how fair it is and how its not just yet another stealth tax..
They get away with it because we are British and on average we dont complain..
Sometmes I really do wish I was French (living in France of course).

a point i have made to numerous police officers and they are broadly in agreement is that watching the road more and the clocks lesws is better for road safety than cameras!
in fact most police ive met have been snapped by these cameras at some point, and all the driver training in the world doesnt increase the amount of grip any given car has, or make it brake any better. i have raced bangers off and on for about 14 years now. in this environment, cars can be coming at you from all angles. no lights to warn of braking, no mirrors etc to enable you to see whats going on around you. therefore id say that when im commenting about grip and brakes on cars, id stand a fair chance of knowing what im taking about through practical experience

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I am giving it thought..

Simon, are you really thinking of leaving two forums in one day because of some pretty inoffensive posts??

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG

Im sorry but i have to disagree with your statment unless of course you think as with other members of this forum and the other forum that because a car is not registered to you the 14 day rule still applies (i think not)

PS i cant remember the last time i Didnt have sp points on my licence

The scamra partnership have to show "due dilligence" (their words not mine) in proving they tried to trace you within a period of time. Them taking nearly 6 months to try and prosecute wasnt showing due dilligence in my opinon and I merely invited them to show their path. They have so far declined and the costs if it going to court for them to lose is a waste of their time and money. If they have shown due dilligence and prosecuted in a reasonable amount of time then they would have replied with a summons.

Last edited:

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
no judge would honour it or give it time of day in a court room.

Carloss

Having read what you posted it would seem crossed wires on my part anyway as I think you were quoting someone else, this thread is full of quotes from one to another

Mercedes-2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350 AMG Sport (2013)
How sad, never mind as the saying goes oh yes and I attend mine on the 1st Nov for exceeding a 30mph limit by 4 MPH at a cost of £66.50 run by the AA so no chance of a drink then:rolleyes:

What happened to the 10% + 2 rule? Actually you could have only been doing 2 mph over the limit! We had this discussion on a forum that I once belonged to, tyre tread depth changes the rolling road circumference, minimal I know, but, fact!

I believe that my C Class speedo is probably pretty accurate, however my Blaupunkt sat nav disagrees with the Merc and my Transit Connect van for an actual reading.. and by differing degrees too :rolleyes:

Is it fair to say that if we all do 25 in a 30 not only will we not get speeding fines and increase road safety, but as a by product increase road rage :Oops:

There's no excuse for speeding, but, come on, common sense dictates an appropriate rate of knots depending on the circumstances and conditions...

As said previously, it's a revenue raiser and that's it!!!

DC

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom