Sold my Lexus RX450h

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time for a change, so sold my Lexus today with a total of 33,700 miles on it. Not bad for a 7 year old car I suppose. I sold it through Motorway.co.uk who were absolutely superb all the way through and procured me a lot better price than I would have got on the WBAC site, over a grand better in fact. Not only that but it took less than a week from initial contact to the money being placed in my bank.

The Lexus has been an excellent car, smooth and reliable as expected, though with a few electrical gremlins which made me glad I had an extended warranty on it. I bought it in August 2018 but unfortunately it went a bit wrong for me health wise not long after that, so I only managed to get around 3,000 miles on it in the time I had it. I've had to pack in the going to work thing so it's just been used as a shopping trolley really and, with the lockdowns we've recently experienced, it's been going for weeks without turning a wheel. It will be getting replaced with a BEV this time as, with the limited amount of use I'm anticipating due to no longer working, this should only want charging a couple of times per month hopefully. Any distance travel will be covered by the Mercedes so I'll hopefully be covered for all eventualities.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Sorry to hear of your health issues - it seems to be waiting to get you when it can but as bembo said, it's nice to be able to look back over the time you had a car and enjoyed it rather than continual worry!

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Sorry your health took such a turn for the worse but hope you enjoy early retirement and things improve for you.

Just sold the wife's Fiat 500s dualogic, 2 years trouble free motoring, 2014 with 7000 miles on the clock, sold with 15000 miles on the clock and only lost £1k on it.

Had to invest in an SUV for practicality following a move to the Country, Peugeot 2008 GTline with 35000 on clock, newer but have a sneaking suspicion may not prove as reliable, time will tell.

Mercedes SL500 R231

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Thanks guys,

The health thing isn't too bad now hopefully and steadily improving. I can't go back to how I was but that may not be a bad thing anyway. I'm not posting what it was, one or two on here know anyway, but it's not stopping me doing things which I want to do, just things which I was getting a bit disillusioned with anyhow, such as work. 35 years of self employment has that effect on a person I suppose.

Looking forward to the next chapter now, an electric runabout for shopping and still got a silly car (C217 AMG) for decent runs. In fact, as I've not yet taken delivery of the electric one, I may just take the S Class out for a run round on this fine morning. :)

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Thanks guys,

The health thing isn't too bad now hopefully and steadily improving. I can't go back to how I was but that may not be a bad thing anyway. I'm not posting what it was, one or two on here know anyway, but it's not stopping me doing things which I want to do, just things which I was getting a bit disillusioned with anyhow, such as work. 35 years of self employment has that effect on a person I suppose.

Looking forward to the next chapter now, an electric runabout for shopping and still got a silly car (C217 AMG) for decent runs. In fact, as I've not yet taken delivery of the electric one, I may just take the S Class out for a run round on this fine morning. :)
Sorry to lose you from Lexus Daveenty. Good luck for the future and do drop into the Forum from time to time.
Regards
John (aka Roy of the.....)

Severnless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI/2007/v6
Sorry to hear of the health issues and glad your on the mend, also make sure you enjoy your early retirement.
With the Lexus, I think you had a lucky escape, with them being hybrid they are soooooo fussy, to complicated for my liking.
As a BEV owner, you need to aware that if you are leaving the car parked for long periods, you will have problems with the 12 volt battery going flat and therefore the car won’t ‘start’. We’ve had this once and we ended up leaving the 12volt battery on charge for a couple of days to bring it back up and no problems since.
We only left the car for a couple of weeks and it’s not 12 months old yet!
If you need any more advice just ask.

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Sorry to lose you from Lexus Daveenty. Good luck for the future and do drop into the Forum from time to time.
Regards
John (aka Roy of the.....)

I'll pop in from time to time John, though don't really know anyone over there anyway so I wasn't really very active. I think that in the 2 or 3 years I was there, I only actually met up with two members, both of who I knew previously from Mercedes meets. :D

Sorry to hear of the health issues and glad your on the mend, also make sure you enjoy your early retirement.
With the Lexus, I think you had a lucky escape, with them being hybrid they are soooooo fussy, to complicated for my liking.
As a BEV owner, you need to aware that if you are leaving the car parked for long periods, you will have problems with the 12 volt battery going flat and therefore the car won’t ‘start’. We’ve had this once and we ended up leaving the 12volt battery on charge for a couple of days to bring it back up and no problems since.
We only left the car for a couple of weeks and it’s not 12 months old yet!
If you need any more advice just ask.

Appreciated, though the electric thing will hopefully be used very lightly yet regularly. After doing a bit of research I intend to try to maintain a charge of between 30 - 80% on it at all times. I'm still actually waiting for the charger/wall box to be fitted, though this is not as yet an issue as the car isn't here either...

As for the Lexus, it was fine and a good car though it didn't like the ancillary battery being run down and caused a lot of problems when it did. I was lucky in that I had an extended warranty on the car, which I'd recommend to anyone considering one of these.

chic0821

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 AMG Coupe: Range Rover Sport: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
If that's the case with the 12v battery, get yourself a Ctek MXS 5 battery conditioner. You can leave it on permanently if you want. I have them for all my cars. Over the winter they may be on for up to 5 months. Car starts first time.

Top Bottom