Sprinter 311 cdi engine swap

J

justsam

Hi folks, I have a 2000 311 cdi converted camper. The engine melted a piston. My garage has just fitted another engine from a 2001 313 cdi. It starts and runs fine but there is no power. I don’t think it’s in limp mode as it will rev passed 3k. Its just numb and not like it was before. We’ve had some diagnostics work done and he has checked everything ok, fuel and boost pressures as it should be.
It may be worth saying we have not changed the ecu. Could there be a conflict between the ecu in my van and the new engine. But we have changed the wiring loom, so it could only be a difference with a sensor on the engine?

Is there a common issues when swapping engines? I presume this won’t be the first sprinter engine to be replaced…

Also is it straight forward to change the ecu? Would it be easier to just swap the whole steering column with the key security etc?

We are seriously scratching our heads here so any help would be massively appreciated.

Sam

monbenkey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI
Can you get hold of engine ecu, wsp(immobilizer ecu) and key from vehicle which new engine originated,?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom