Sprinter Central Locking

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
I'm wanting to add central locking to my sprinter (cdi) and i've been told by some that one of ebays cheap and cheerful universal kits will do the job. However, on one particular auction (can't find it now) it mentioned that the sprinter uses a cable system rather than a rod system for its central locking. I'd ideally like the 2 front doors, side loading door and rear doors to be controlled.

Rob

mister_cee333

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got factory remote locking in my Sprinter. I've had some of the door panels off for various reasons over the time and it's a pretty standard set up. There's an electric actuator fitted to each door which in turn operates the lock mechanism. I can't remember how it connects to the actual lock, but I'm 99% sure it's some type of short rod. It's certainly not a universal cable type system running through the whole van.

The hard bit might be getting power to the side and rear doors, as there are no connecting cables. On mine the rear door is powered by contacts similar to how the registration plate light on the opposite door gets its power. The side door also has contacts which, from memory, are to the right side of the opened door.

Hope this helps.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom