SRS warning message

mckcol

Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting a few things sorted on my new to me, SL500. It's a 2005 model.

The seat lumbar support didn't work for either seat. Having researched on here, removed drivers seat, found broken air pipe, repaired! In the process, I did switch ignition on to check if I had air from the pipe (which I did) - think this is where the ECU decided the seatbelt restraint was broken, and has flagged this red SRS symbol and warning message on display.

I dug out my trusty old memoscan and carsoft software (V7.4.2.08) which I had for my 2000 R170. This didn't seem to help me much - and from what I can determine, won't work on the R230? It read some of the modules, but not airbag - and no sign of SRS. Do I now need STAR? Is there another way to reset the message?

Thanks for any help.

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
Hi. you will find a lot of info on here regarding the srs light, I had problems with mine on my S class which was a bad connection on the small plug under the passenger seat, I used some non drying contact spray to sort things.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The icarsoft MB is worth having and will work with your 230, think there was a member in Midlothian somewhere with one who was offering use of it, cant remember who now though sorry!

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
The icarsoft MB is worth having and will work with your 230, think there was a member in Midlothian somewhere with one who was offering use of it, cant remember who now though sorry!
Hi John,

That's still me! PM me and I'll help out if I can. All free of charge for Forum members.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi John,

That's still me! PM me and I'll help out if I can. All free of charge for Forum members.
Thought it was! But couldn't be sure- man my memory is dreadful, old age I guess! It's for the OP so hopefully he'll pick up on this- he's in Edinburgh

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom