Strange Symbol on the dashboard

tedfred

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 : SLK 200, AMG , R172 Eng' 271.861
Dear All,

Having sat for 20 mins searching the car manuals, having tried Googling the question, having looked at numerous Google images of car dash board warning lights , need I go on ........................?
I am beginning to believe that the illuminated image of the a front/rear view of a car, with a key at the top left corner is a figment of my imagination.

Fortunately I have attached an image of the warning light, can anyone explain what the light is supposed to mean??

Many thanks for your time.

Regards
TEDFRED

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 80

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The symbol is indicating that "Speed limit assist" is activated. It will read speed signs and display them on the dashboard.

OP
T

tedfred

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many Thanks Alexander

I have no idea how or where you found that information but I am grateful for your response

Best Regards

TEDFRED

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I am beginning to believe that the illuminated image of the a front/rear view of a car, with a key at the top left corner is a figment of my imagination.

Fortunately I have attached an image of the warning light, can anyone explain what the light is supposed to mean??

Many thanks for your time.

Regards
TEDFRED

Coincidentally I found that symbol just today on a menu page I didn't know was there. :D

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Coincidentally I found that symbol just today on a menu page I didn't know was there. :D
Amazing what you can find for the first time by twiddling a few buttons or reading the manual:rolleyes:. I read the bit on lights on the CL yesterday. Too complex for my brain to take in. I'll stick to side lights and low beam I think.

OP
T

tedfred

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I found it by chance after I'd seen how to MOT test the electric parking brake on my car :)

Please explain EmilysDad, "MOT test the parking brake", I have a feeling that this might be humour that I have failed to appreciate?

Regards

TEdfred

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I found it by chance after I'd seen how to MOT test the electric parking brake on my car :)

Please explain EmilysDad, "MOT test the parking brake", I have a feeling that this might be humour that I have failed to appreciate?

Regards

TEdfred

No humour intended or implied ..... :D
I was honestly looking through different screens looking for the screen that allows you to test the parking brake ... honest! :D

OP
T

tedfred

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for that, Emilys Dad, I learn something new every time I look at this website.

Many thanks again

TEdfred

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom