Supercharger Problems??

musicmaniax

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi,
I have recentley been getting problems with my 96 C230K regarding acceleration, revs at idle and what feels like fuel starvation, but I really dont know what is causing the problem.

It started a few weeks ago, so I came here to see if it was a common problem. Most replies seemed to be saying the MAF was at fault, so I took it to the local Mercare dealer, who ran a diagnostic, and charged me £42 to tell me "yes you have a problem.... not sure what it is tho.... might be your MAF"

With that advice & the advice from here, I bought a generic replacement from Eurocarparts. After fitting it the revs at idle were worse than before,;cutting out everytime I stopped, but it seemed to settle down after a couple of days.

However when I go in any gear from 3-5 I still have a lack of power and acceleration, and in the last couple of days, if I try to push it in any gear, it feels like the engine is being starved of fuel.

The latest info have had is that the Supercharger doesn't look like its cutting in, so that might the cause??

Any information would be great.
Thanks in advance..

Glenn Smith

Reaction score
You can check if the supercharger is cutting in simply by lookig at the pulley as you rev the engine up slowly, it has a magnetic clutch and you shoulsee and here it clicking in, i believe this problem could be linked to a faulty bypass valve fitted to the air cleaner (several other posts on this subjecy somewhere)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom