Tesco Insurance

Jamboo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 SE - 2012
Just going to add in my dealings with Tesco insurance this morning.......

Last year, paid £548 for the year
Renewal comes through door............£766 for this year [I never claimed last year, so why such a rise...??

Called them this morning...."Oh, the price of insurance has gone up everywhere....we have changed our policy...and the bad weather last year has affected every insurer.....but let me see what I can do..."...she said...I replied.."can you also change my 2nd drivers details surname as we got married"...

She has just called back......annual premiuim now .....£373.... :shock::cool:

How the feck is that..??...she said its all because we are married now..????

Result

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Your Wife must be well dodgy...

Maybe the original Tesco underwriter knows Her..?? ;)

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
I noticed our premiums fall when we got married.

It must be because they think once you are married you stop eyeing up the opposite sex in other cars and concentrate on the road instead :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I noticed our premiums fall when we got married.

It must be because they think once you are married you stop eyeing up the opposite sex in other cars and concentrate on the road instead :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whereas in the good old days the premium probably increased when you got married because you then spent less time parked? :D

OP
J

Jamboo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 SE - 2012
Your Wife must be well dodgy...

Maybe the original Tesco underwriter knows Her..?? ;)

Ha, I must admit I didnt help myself when I went downstairs and said to her "****** glad we got married last year, just saved me £400 on my car insurance.."....:p

sailorjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C200 EXECUTIVE ESTATE 2018
Add to that famous list of ".....and that;s how the fight started"

How much was the ceremony?

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
could it be that Tesco as a company new to the Insurance market were using loss leaders to grab market share...and now having a sizable percentage of the market are putting the squeeze on.

kemp2368

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w202/1995
Just going to add in my dealings with Tesco insurance this morning.......

Last year, paid £548 for the year
Renewal comes through door............£766 for this year [I never claimed last year, so why such a rise...??

Called them this morning...."Oh, the price of insurance has gone up everywhere....we have changed our policy...and the bad weather last year has affected every insurer.....but let me see what I can do..."...she said...I replied.."can you also change my 2nd drivers details surname as we got married"...

She has just called back......annual premiuim now .....£373.... :shock::cool:

Result

i am with tescos as well(have been for about 10 years now)and just to warn you they do that every year to me as well,as soon as i call them up to say how come its that much they turn round and say one momment sir we will put you through to our loyalty dept and surprise surprise i get it down to the same as it was the year before
im sure they just try it on to see if people will just let it go ie i pay by d/d and the renewl always says you dont need to do anything as they will take it out of the bank with out you needing to do anything
as it happens my renewl quote was last month and they said it would be £485
was paying £245 last year,no accidents or anything
gave them a call and ok we can get it to £245 and we will give you a £30 tescos voucher:confused::confused:
it has been the same routine with them every renewl:mad::mad: but for the price a phone call they seem very cheap

jeffwebb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55 W210
This sort of thing is the norm in Spain. You get your renewal quote, phone round for the cheapest quote you can get and then ring your company and they better it by a few quid. Last time , the woman actually said "nice to negotiate with you". :p

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom