Tomtom Or Command

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Just got me updated navigation system it is called a MAP comes in paper form, four colour and is oh so easy to follow AND I can leave it in the car without hiding it as no oik worth his salt will want to pinch it.

No connections, no plugging in, no strange voices talking to me - apart from those in my head - and when I get lost I can pull over relax and open up my map book take the odd hour to find out where I should be without having to press buttons and things, oh yes the cost £4.50, magic;);)

And once you locate your specs, you will really make progess! :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just got me updated navigation system it is called a MAP comes in paper form, four colour and is oh so easy to follow AND I can leave it in the car without hiding it as no oik worth his salt will want to pinch it.

No connections, no plugging in, no strange voices talking to me - apart from those in my head - and when I get lost I can pull over relax and open up my map book take the odd hour to find out where I should be without having to press buttons and things, oh yes the cost £4.50, magic;);)

I have had one that I bought in 1952 and it still works well, but no post codes listed

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I COULD give you the reason for this but PC and starting WW3 might not be the best idea I have ever had;)

Lordjellybelly

Reaction score
If anyone has used a Brodit mount http://www.brodit.com/ does it provide stability latched on to the air vent better than a branded Tom Tom mount? At least it seems from the web site to avoid dreaded sucker marks on the windscreen.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
If anyone has used a Brodit mount http://www.brodit.com/ does it provide stability latched on to the air vent better than a branded Tom Tom mount? At least it seems from the web site to avoid dreaded sucker marks on the windscreen.

until the air vent snaps I imagine. Those vanes weren't really designed to have that weight pulling on them.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
until the air vent snaps I imagine. Those vanes weren't really designed to have that weight pulling on them.

...yes they do break, but this device does not clip into the actual air vent vanes but over and under the air vent, but of course it does interrupt the air flow. A better solution is the version that is pushed between the trim and fascia, adjacent the A/C or radio.

Last edited:

ajcamp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C200 CDi Auto
Sat Navs

I recently went through the same thought process regarding Sat Nav's, I have a old 700 TomTom, which has given me 1st class service.

After carrying out some research, considering a TomTom, Command and a fitted Sat Nav, I chose a Pioneer F900BT mainly because of the Bluetooth Phone option.

So far I am delighted with the unit, and have carried out a lot of mods to the software as there is a whole web site full of mods for all tastes (well almost!!).

Regards
Tony in Enfield

Lordjellybelly

Reaction score
A better solution is the version that is pushed between the trim and fascia, adjacent the A/C or radio.

Dosco, can you be more precise......buying online without a retail outlet at which to see an item doesn`t inspire a lot of confidence at least for me.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Dosco, can you be more precise......buying online without a retail outlet at which to see an item doesn`t inspire a lot of confidence at least for me.

Difficult to explain best if you go through the options on the web site. The one I am referring to is the 'Pro-Clip Mounting Platform' either 'Angle' or 'Console' mount you then require a holder for the device.

My neighbour has one and it does the job as described and of course allows him to take the Sat-Nav with him without leaving tell-tale marks on the screen.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom